Chapter 40

A week had passed, luckily we weren't expelled immediately. First of all, we were called to the principal's office, then to the admin offices where we were scolded by the supervisors.

It was only natural that rumours spread among the academy students. Every time I went into class, the professors would always throw a word at me and Leto.

"You guys did a great job."

The person who was the most interested in this matter was the professor of the <About Green Magic and Nature> liberal arts class.

"I have a gift for you guys! Actually, they're not quite ready yet, but today might be the last time I see you guys, right?"

The professor rummaged through a box during class and took out a large pot.
As soon as I saw the object, the students in the greenhouse including

Leto and I, were filled with astonishment.

"Ta-da!"

It's been so long since I've seen a Plmion.

"I'm worried since its not skilled yet. But if you still have it, won't you be able to cope with dangerous things in the future?"

The Plmion, which was wailing wildly, seemed even more angry than it used to be. I think that we'd be eaten by the Plmion first before anything dangerous happens...

"What are you doing? Aren't you going to pick it up?"

"...That."

I hesitated. It seemed like the biggest crisis of my life. Maybe it was the same with Leto. I could hear Leto's saliva falling down from here.

"Oh, there you are! Leah Arsene and Briseis Pierre! That's you guys, right?"

The door of the greenhouse opened in the nick of time.

"We're here for an interview!"

Before we had time to panic, lights began flashing at us. We immediately stood up to avoid being photographed. We had to run away.

"Oh! Where are you going! Wait a minute!"

This was the third time.

What happened at the academy was overwhelming, but there was something that was even more surprising.

Newspaper reporters gathered outside the academy. Journalists who came to cover the story would refute, saying we were young heroes who saved people by defeating the enemy.

Fortunately, outsiders were not allowed to enter the academy without permission, but some active reporters would sneak in.

If we get photographed, we'll be in trouble. The academy strongly warned us not to do any interviews or publicity.

"Ack, w-what is this?"

"Oh no, a Plmion!"

Fortunately, the Plmion stopped the reporters from catching us.

Leto and I took the opportunity to rush out of the classroom.

"Damn it, I should have dropped out before I got expelled! I can't live like this anymore!"

Leto, who ran to the front of the fountain, exhaled heavily. I agreed. Now that I don't know when I'm going to receive my letter of expulsion, every day has been full of tension.

I thought it would be more comfortable to drop out of school first than to be anxious.

Anyway, I wanted to take a break so I sat by the fountain and took a breath.

"...Don't worry."

Leto said out of the blue.

"I'll go back to the Arsene family and be the patriarch. I might not be the official heir and I know I'm just a thorn in my family's side, but I'm still an Arsene. They'll give me a chance, right...?