Chapter 44

What happened over the past three days was that the woman who first guided us to the dormitory here was only half right and half wrong.

This place didn't allow us, as non-trainees, to go through high-intensity training like trainees.

But even so, training at a specialised institution was quite difficult for us, who have not yet received the third-year education at the Lexley Academy.

To say it was a simple experience was far off, my body was limp with sweat after morning and afternoon training.

When I went back to the dormitory, everyone went into bed and fell asleep without a chance to talk.

Among us, Leto was clearly the one who suffered the most. Ever since we shared the same bed, Leto had dark eyes as if he had not been sleeping properly.

Even during training, he made several minor mistakes and was scolded by the wizards several times.

To help Leto sleep comfortably, I moved back to the floor, but strangely when I woke up in the morning, I was on Leto's bed.

As a result, Leto's face was always full of fatigue. I encouraged him to take a break, but he said he was fine and continued the training.

Leto seemed to think he could somehow hold out for the remaining four days.

On the contrary, the intensity of the training increased day by day. Even today's training didn't end in a day.

"This is the last training."

For a moment, we were in joy when we heard that it was the last training, but our mouths dropped when we saw the training location.

It was a forest. A strange and eerie aura was flowing from the forest, which was full of all kinds of bugs and creatures.

"The rules are simple. All you have to do is find the golden marble among the many marbles in the forest."

The wizard made us change to our training clothes and showed us the golden orb as we stood side by side.

Looking at the orbs the size of a candy, it seemed that it would be difficult to find.

"There are many different colours of orbs in the forest. There are five colours in total, apart from gold, there are red, blue, purple, and black."

"It's not a normal orb, is it?"

"Of course. It's a orb with a spell on it. There's quite a lot of them in the forest, and if you step on it by accident or touch it, the magic will be casted.

Red emits fire, and blue makes ice that attacks. Purple produces poison, paralyses the limbs, and black moves through space. It will make you wander through this forest."

After saying that, the wizard distributed each of the necessary items and maps.

"The golden orb will emit light when you get close. It'll probably be easy to find. The map shows where the golden orb is."

"We just need to find one?"

"Yes, you just need to find one. You can't go back home until you find it."

My saliva went down on its own. Looking at the map, the forest was wide. It seemed like it would take a day to simply get out of the forest.

"Hey, can I ask you a question?"

"How many hours does it usually take to find a golden orb?"

"How many hours?"

"Well......If a regular trainee did this training, it would take 10 days. For reference, the shortest time was 78 hours and 34 minutes."