Chapter 38

"Have you lost your mind?! Thank god things worked out in the end. That was a very reckless move! You almost got crushed to death by a train! Do you hear me!"

All the enemies were captured and taken to the imperial prison, and those on the train were safely evacuated outside.

When the matter was resolved, we were applauded by the citizens. But not everyone was treated like a hero.

Knights and wizards from the imperial family looked at Bernie with very disapproving eyes and nagged.

"Really? That was the only way I could think of."

"That's the real monster."

"Hmm? You're students of the Lexley Academy?"

She looked at our school uniform. Maybe it was because of the school uniform that she hadn't seen in a long time, but she seemed to be happy.

"We're fine. Anyway, it's an honour to meet an archmage."

"Then I'm glad. But I can't believe a Lexley Academy student is out here at this time.

As far as I know, it would be against the rule to go outside the academy on weekdays. Have those strict rules changed?"

"......."

"......."

"It's good, anyway. You're such a great talent enough to rival me. You knocked out everyone on the train."

"Bree did it."

Leto pointed at me.

"Bree?"

"What grade are you in? What's your name?"

"First year. My name is Briseis Pierre, and I'm from the Magics Department of the Lexley Academy."

"......You don't come from a famous family well versed in magic, and what's more, a first year."

"Bree."

Then, Leto noticed something strange about my expression and turned his head in the same direction as me.

"......."

He discovered it, too.

"I think we should run away......."

It was none other than Professor Hartz who approached us with a fierce face. Why is he here? I wanted to believe that my eyes were seeing it wrong now.

But as Professor Hartz approached closer, his figure came into my sight more clearly.

When I met Professor Hartz's eyes, I literally froze.

"We're screwed."

"Don't worry, I'll talk to him."

"I knew you guys would get into trouble one day."

Before we knew it, he stood in front of us and spoke dryly.

"......You must have more free time than I thought. I can't believe you came all the way here."

Leto's damn mouth still hasn't been fixed yet. I stepped in between them and spread my arms out to protect Leto. It was scary, but it was alright for the sake of my friend.

"Because I'm the teacher in charge of your study group."

"You guys know you violated the school rules, don't you?"

It has come.

"I, It's all my fault! I asked them to go out......!"

"What does that matter? No matter who asked for it, it is well aware that you guys broke the rules and left."

"......."

"I will be writing all of you letters of expulsion."

With those words, my heart dropped to my stomach. In the end, it was a letter of expulsion.

"Uncle!"

What am I going to tell mom and dad if I get expelled? Am I going to get kicked out? My father would forgive me to some extent, but it was clear that my mother would not look at my face.

Maybe she'll show me a bunch of pictures of strange men asking me to marry them.

"You're still so heartless."

"What is so cruel about expelling someone for violating the rules?"

"These guys saved lives. Without these kids, all the people on this train would be dead."

"It's just luck. If they hadn't been careful, these kids would have died."

"Anyway, they survived and saved everyone, didn't they? Hartz. You have to look at the results, not the things that might never happen."

"I'll do as I please."

Professor Hartz left as if he had nothing more to say. There seemed to be a little hope, but it was immediately trampled.

"Sorry, guys. I tried to persuade him, but I couldn't help out."

"......Hic."

"The world must be falling apart tomorrow."

Leto even pinched his cheek.