Chapter 49

49 Chapter

As Abhay sat beside Pia on the bed, he could see the pain etched on her face. Her tear-filled eyes glistened in the soft light of the room as she reached out and held onto his hand tightly. As she began to speak, her voice quivered with emotion.

"Abhay, I feel like it's all my fault," Pia cried, her voice choked with sorrow. "I shouldn't have let myself fall in love with you. If I hadn't, Alina would never have done something like this and Malisha would get hurt. It's all because of me."

Abhay's heart ached as he listened to Pia blame herself for the turmoil her family was enduring. He reached out and gently wiped away her tears, his touch offering comfort and reassurance. "Pia, listen to me," he said softly, his eyes meeting hers with unwavering determination. "What happened is not your fault. You couldn't have known what Alina was capable of, and your love for someone shouldn't be a reason to blame yourself for the actions of others."

Pia looked up at him, her tear-streaked face filled with anguish and doubt. "But I should have been more careful. I should have protected Malisha. I failed as a sister," she whispered, her voice trembling.

Abhay's expression softened as he drew her into his arms, holding her close. "Pia, you are not to blame for this. Alina's actions are her own, and nothing you could have done would have changed that. Malisha will be all right, I promise you," he assured her, his voice filled with conviction.

Feeling overwhelmed with emotion, Pia buried her face in Abhay's chest, finding solace in the warmth of his embrace. As his arms encircled her, she felt a sense of calm wash over her, knowing that she wasn't alone in facing this ordeal.

As they sat together in silence, Pia could feel Abhay's steady heartbeat against her cheek, a comforting rhythm that anchored her to the present. She took a shuddering breath and looked up at him, her eyes searching for reassurance.

"Abhay, what if Alina gets released from jail and comes behind us again? I can't bear the thought of losing you or my sister," Pia murmured, her voice trembling with fear.

Abhay held her gaze, his eyes reflecting the depth of his feelings for her. "Pia, I won't let anything happen to Malisha, or to you," he said with unwavering resolve. "I'll do everything in my power to keep both of you safe. You're not alone in this, Pia. I'm here for you, always."

At Hospital

As the doctor leaned forward to take a closer look at Misha, the monitors around her emitted soft beeps and whirs, creating a symphony of medical reassurance. Misha's eyes fluttered under heavy lids as the physician spoke. "How are you feeling now, Misha? Any discomfort or pain?"

The question hung in the sterile air of the hospital room, punctuated by the rhythm of the machines keeping watch over her. Misha shifted slightly on the bed, her hand absently reaching for the thin hospital blanket that covered her. A weak smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she looked up at the doctor. "I'm fine," she murmured, her voice barely audible over the ambient sounds.

The doctor studied Misha's expression, his clinical gaze softened by concern. "You've been through quite an ordeal, Misha. It's natural to feel exhausted and disoriented. But I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better." He adjusted the settings on the monitoring equipment and nodded reassuringly. "I'll inform your family about your condition. They've been worried."

Misha's eyes widened with a fleeting moment of panic, and she reached out to gently grasp the doctor's arm. "No, please don't. I don't want them to worry any more than they already have. I'll talk to them myself when I'm ready." Her voice carried a delicate plea, and she met the doctor's gaze with a silent urgency.