Chapter 9

HEY GUYS!!

VOTE TARGET: 35
COMMENT TARGET: 20

NO SEX IN THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE I WANTED TO EMPHASISE ON THE PROGRESS OF THEIR RELATIONSHIP.
___________________________________

AANYA'S POV:

A girl, who had the figure and looks of a model, came forward and pulled Harshit into a hug. He let go of my hand he was holding till now, and embraced her back. He didn't pull away either. What an asshole!

When they FINALLY got enough of each other, they let go and Harshit stepped back beside me.

"Aanya, meet Maya Kapoor. We are childhood friends. Maya, meet Aanya, my wife." Wife? Oh, so now he remembers he has a wife! Amazing achievement.

That black eyed bitch scanned me from head to toe with her judgy little eyes.

I gave my ever sweet smile, "I know I'm beautiful, Maya. Nice to meet you," I said to her and extended my hand.

She gave her sugarcoated smile, "Nice to meet you too, Aanya." She took my hand.

We broke the handshake when we heard Harshit, "Why don't you ladies go ahead and get to know each other?" I knew it!

FLASHBACK IN CAR:

He was driving the car. His veins were popping out of his arms as his extended hand was on the gear, shifting it. There was an absolute silence.

He didn't compliment from the moment he saw me. I felt bad, like I wasn't looking good or looking good enough beside him.

I thought of filling the silence, "Umm...Harshit, you won't leave me alone at the reception, right?"

"No. Even if I did, there will only be people who I think you will be comfortable and safe with."

"I am comfortable and safe with you, not with some random strangers. Please don't leave me alone there."

He sighed,"Ok. I won't leave you."

"Promise?"

He removed his hand from the gear, and took my hand in his. He kissed the back of it and said, "Cross my heart, sunshine."

I smiled at him. He never left my hand for the entire ride.

When we reached, he opened the car door and forwarded his hand. I put my hand in his. He gripped my hand tightly, as if he was assuring me.

PRESENT:

He promised me he won't leave me alone, but here I am, stuck with a bitch who's eyes were stuck on my husband.

She grabbed two drinks from the waitress and gave one to me. She started a conversation, "You know, Harshit never wanted to get married after us. We dated for 6 years, he proposed me, but I rejected. He said he'd wait for me and would never get married. Can you believe that his taste in women dropped so low?"

"That he moved on because he found someone better? Yes." I said while sipping my drink.

"He always used to say that I was his perfect girl but now he's stuck with you." She replied.