mushy

"I think, I think this is what I read in a book when underworld monsters, when you kill them, they release a portal to the real world." France smiled, and CN was once glad that they had a bookworm on their side. "Thats why the souls fight them all the time, hoping they could complete the gauntlet and go back. I suspect that the souls down here ever worked together like we did. 😀"

"Well, I guess this is it, we got CN back, and we also killed her evil mother and an evil monster on the way. Hey, I could write that on my resume!" Canada brightened, like he forgot all the pain in his body for a moment.

"Lets have a minute to pack up, take any weapons or things we dropped." CN suggested, and they all spread out, each picking up their things they'd lost during the fight.

CN was scanning the rooms for her toothbrush when suddenly, someone tapped her back. She turned around to find russia, grinning slightly. 

"So um, I've been wanting to tell you this for a while," Russia said, quickly, before CN could speak. "I uh, I was thinking, I mean feeling, I like you." he concluded briskly.

CN didn't know what to think, she didn't know what to feel! It was like, there was a bucketful of ice that had been upended on her head, except that the ice wasn't cold, it was weird and fizzy and dancing on her like popping candy, because SHE HAD NEVER HEARD ANYONE SAY THAT LINE TO HER BEFORE.

Come to think of it, who had said 'I like you' to her? Mother certainly didn't, Capital didn't need saying for CN to know that, and she liked CN as a sister, not like a-

"Uh, um, sure? no one has ever said that, wow, it feels, weird?" she laughed weirdly.

"really? then you should get better companions!" Russia joked. 

"H-how long though, how long have you decided that?" CN stumbled, nervous and confused and unsure.

"Since the start of the year? I was trying to be nice, like by talking to you. I noticed there wasn't many people who did that..."

"Thats true, thanks for um, not being awful.. We'll work it out from now on I guess." CN smiled, and russia smiled back. 

In the corner of her eye, she noticed Capital, but she nor interfered or walked away, her face said 'yes, this is awesome' rather than 'I need to be more cautious of him', like at the start of the year.

"Oh, and also, we found your toothbrush, in case you were wondering." Russia said, handing it to her. 

--------------------------------------------------

They met together again, and stepping into the portal. Along with a blinding light, she felt something like her insides being lifted and dropped somewhere else. Finally, she opened her eyes to find her self on top of the pyramid!

She walked down, steeping cautiously down the many steps, while the others slid down inelegantly beside her. 

When she reached the bottom, many people jumped up to hug and reunite with the others, but Capital and russia stayed with her. 

They found Egypt running over, and CN felt like slapping and thanking this person at the same time. On the one hand, she had only been able to destroy the dream shaper because of him in the first place, but on the other hand, he had gotten france injured. 

"I'm so sorry, I - I should have been more careful, and I'm extra sorry that france got hurt and uh I hope you forgive me." he said, drooping his head.

"Ack, its finee, you actually did me a big favor!" CN said, patting him on the back. 

"Anddddd, I got to tackle someone!" France added, "I could never do that in this world, but in the UNDERWORLD, where it was the RIGHT THING! I soooo could! Besides, its not that serious, chill!"

"I'm taking that as a she's forgiven you too." CN shrugged. 

"R-really? Thank you soo much! But, h-how did I do you a favor?" 

They laughed hysterically as Egypt went around confused asking how he had helped.

--------------------------------------------------------

Da end