CONFESSION

It was after nine in the evening and Ahvi didn't even go to dinner because she couldn't comprehend the things that happened in the wedding. She really wanted to believe everything he said but she was scared to get hurt again. She never gave second chances and this is something that her life depends on.

With all these thoughts she didn't notice her brother walking towards her until he sat beside her "Annayya! What are you doing here?"

"The same thing you're doing" His reply made her look at him confused "Thinking about Deva".

She looked forward at the sea "There's nothing to think about him".

Rana smiled "I'm your brother Ahvi! I know everything about you even if you try hiding things from me".

"I don't know what you're talking about" Ahvi tried to avoid the topic.

"A week back Radhika attayya and Deva came to our house proposing marriage with you" Rana dropped the bomb.

Ahvi looked at him "What?"

Rana chuckled "You're saying as if it's an impossible thing! Everybody around you both knows that you're both going to end up together in the end".

"You know how I feel about love and wedding" Ahvi glared at him.

Rana turned serious "I know! But I didn't understand what made you have a bad opinion about men in general. That's when Deva cleared my doubt explaining what happened ten years ago".

Ahvi widened her eyes but didn't look at him "And? Did you both fight?"

"I punched him! And almost broke his jaw" Rana replied.

"He deserves it" Ahvi teared up.

"He does! But he also deserves you" Rana's words made her look at him as he continued "As much as I hate the fact that my best friend is going to marry my little sister, I just know that no one will take care of you like Deva does".

"And what if I don't want to marry him?" Ahvi whispered.

Rana sighed "Then I would support you!No matter what others say I'll always stand by your decision because nothing is important than you being happy".

Ahvi leaned her head on her brother's shoulder making him pat her shoulder
"I really want to give him a chance but...".

"You don't have to tell your decision now Ahvi! Take your time until then I'll ask mom to stop with all the marriage talks" Rana stood up "Don't stay up late" and walked in the direction of the hotel.

After a few minutes she saw a shadow to her right and looked up to see Deva holding a food plate as he sat down beside her "It's after ten" and dipped the roti in the gravy before bringing it to her mouth.

She silently ate looking at him as he fed her non-stop until the plate was empty and handed her the water bottle to drink water. With the remaining water he washed his hand and put the bottle aside with the plate as she asked "Have you eaten?"

Deva nodded "Have to eat on time if I have to maintain this cutout" pointing at his body.

She chuckled and both of them turned silent for a few seconds before she rested her head on his shoulder making him hook his arm in hers before entwining their fingers "Nak kopam ekkuva".

(I have anger issues)

His lips twitched "Naku opika ekkuva".

(I have more patience)

"Naku crowded places nachav".

(I hate crowded places)

He lifted their entwined hands to his mouth and kissed the back of her palm "Nee cheyi ilane pattukoni tiskeltanu ekkadikaina".

(I'll hold your hand like this and walk you through everything)

"Okavela future lo neeku vere vaallu nachite?"

(What if you like someone else in the future?)

"I think everyone around us know about our undeniable chemistry tiger".

"Malli wait cheyinchav kada?"

(Don't keep me waiting again)

"Never!" He leaned his head on top of her head both of them looking at the beautiful moon in the sky with waves touching their feet.