HOSPITALISED

The four of them reached the hospital and before Deva could get out of the car Krish handed him a mask making him wear it as they walked inside.

"The third floor" Vidya said making them walk in the direction of the elevator.

Once on the third floor they walked to the reception desk "Patient name is Ahvi".

"Oh! Dr. Karthik's patient! She's in VIP room 3. Follow the blue line" The nurse at the reception desk informed making them follow the blue line on the floor looking at the doors.

They opened the VIP room door to see Karthik sitting beside the hospital bed and Ahvi still unconscious making them walk inside.

"Is she alright?" Radhika rushed to the other side of the bed.

"She's fine aunty! Just unconscious due to low sugar levels" Karthik replied.

"What happened to her?" Vidya questioned seriously looking at Karthik. She understood that her friend trusted this guy and went out with him but just a few hours with him and she's in the hospital which she didn't like.

"Ummm... " Karthik hesitated "She fell down from the steps".

"Were you watching her fall down instead of holding onto her then?" Vidya angrily asked.

"Vidya... " Radhika warned and looked at Karthik "Thank you for taking care of her".

Karthik nodded but gulped as he turned towards Deva who was looking at him with his mask still on but he could literally feel daggers from his gaze as he nodded towards door "Let's have a chat".

Deva walked out followed by Karthik who shut the door behind him. Once he's outside he is immediately pinned to the wall beside the door with Deva holding his collar "What actually happened? And you better answer right or trust me you'll be needing a doctor soon".

"It's personal..." Karthik said.

Deva's eyes turned cunning "Personal! May be you don't get this situation yet.. If you don't tell me what happened,this is going to get personal".

A nurse walked out of another VIP room and widened her eyes "What the hell are you doing? I will call the security if you don't let go of the doctor"

Karthik sighed "It's okay! I know him.." making nurse look between them and walk away.

"So... " Deva was losing his patience.

"She had a panic attack and fainted on the stairs" Karthik tried to push him away but it was no use.

Deva narrowed his eyes "Panic attack? Why would she have a panic attack? She never had it before".

"I don't know! But I think it has something to do with the incident that happened ten years ago" This time Deva himself moved back when he heard ten years ago.

"What exactly happened ten years ago?" Deva questioned.

Karthik sighed amd sat down "Ten years ago I went on a trip to Vizag and on the last day of my stay I went to Ramakrishna Beach at night. I think after eight or something. It was amazing and I decided to take a walk on the beach while my friends were having chat on the roadside. But what I didn't expect was to bump into Ahvi running from few guys. She had a few bruises on her legs and her arm was badly hurt too and luckily I  fought them and my friends too helped me and we joined her in the hospital  but I couldn't stay because I had a train back to Hyderabad that night. And I forgot about it until I met Ahvi in pellichoopulu. She said didn't want to love or marry so I thought it was because of that incident but she assured me that it wasn't so I thought everything was fine with her but today when we went to lunch in a restaurant there were a bunch of guys walking down the stairs casually to leave and suddenly she started feeling out of breath and by the time I could calm her down she fainted and fell fown the stairs".

"Are you saying that she's sacred of men?" Deva asked.

"May be seeing a group of guys triggered her past. Trauma is something that only comes out when an incident reminds you of something that affected you the most" Karthik explained "But she's not afraid of you or me or any of her family men but strangers in a group. God I really want to kill that guy who made her wait for him that night ten years ago".

Deva slowly took steps back and looked at Ahvi who woke up and talking to Vidya and Radhika before walking away hurriedly not caring that Krish was calling him.