FAMILY GATHERING

Deva was gazing into the deep black eyes which were first shocked then sad and mostly angry at him "You've ruined everything".

Deva frowned 'Why did it feel like she was accusing him of something else?'

The girl pulled her hand back and knelt down collecting the flowers making Vidya roll her eyes and bent down to help her too "Relax Ahvi! It was my fault. I shouldn't have dragged annayya like that".

'Ahvi? That little girl is her' Deva scanned her as the girls picked up the flowers.

"These lilies are for the photoshoot" Ahvi stood up with a bunch of flowers along with Vidya.

"And not everything is ruined" Sam took the remaining lilies standing up "The decor is amazing and I'm sure the photos would work out perfectly even without these".

"Really?" Ahvi took the flowers from Vidya.

"You've done a great job Ahvi! Since there's no use of them for the photoshoot, the beautiful girl here can have them for herself" Saying Sam handed her the lilies.

Deva narrowed his eyes 'Was his brother flirting with her?'

Ahvi shook her head with a smile "You have a way with your words but don't forget that they never work on me".

Sam chuckled nodding "At least a man can try" before hugging her.

"When did you come?" Ahvi pulled back.

"Just now! Wouldn't miss my sister's important day for anything" Sam replied.

Ahvi nodded "I'm sure she's happy that her brother is here".

"Brothers" Hearing Deva's voice she looked at him to see him already looking at her.

Sensing the awkward moment Vidya cleared her throat "Annayya! You remember her?".

Even before Deva could answer Ahvi spoke "I'm sure he has so many important things rather than remembering every relative of his. Anyway! I have other works so I need to hurry" and walked away.

"I think she's angry about the lilies" Vidya frowned.

"Or just our big brother" Sam looked at Deva.

"What did I do?" Deva questioned.

Sam shrugged as Vidya shook her head "Let's go meet my friends" Before walking them in the direction of the lunch area.

*************************************

The next morning Gayatri walked into the sitting area of the first floor with coffee cups to see Ahvi working something on her laptop and handed her the cup "Here is your coffee".

"Why are you bringing it?" Ahvi took the cup from her.

"I was coming upstairs anyway so I thought I would bring you one" Gayatri sat on the adjacent couch "What are you working on?"

Ahvi stretched her legs taking off her glasses "Your pelli mandapam designs".

"Let me see" Gayatri was about to take the laptop but Ahvi shut it down immediately.

"You can see it on live. Until then down your curiosity vadina" Ahvi smiled at her and put the laptop on the coffee table before sipping her coffee.

"Have you seen it?" Paddu walked towards the girls.

"See what?" Ahvi looked confused.

Paddu rolled her eyes "I sent you a picture on whats app" making Ahvi unlock her mobile and opened the picture.

Ahvi scoffed "Seriously? Paddu don't you have any other work?".

"What? The guy is handsome and he saw you in the engagement party yesterday. He spoke to his mom about you" Paddu sat beside Gayatri and showed the picture of a guy.

"Isn't he Harsh? Mr. Reddy's son?" Gayatri took a closer look.

"You know him?" Paddu looked at Gayatri.

Gayatri shook her head "Not much! But Annayya and Harsh went to the same school".

"Ahvi Harsh! Nice right! What do you say Ahvi?" Paddu looked at her daughter while everyone settled on the couches.

"What do I say? Well! Ask him to go to hell" Ahvi put the cup on the table with a thud.

"Why are you angry at me? I just want to find a nice groom for my daughter" Paddu looked innocently at Ahvi.

Ahvi huffed "That's the thing mom! I don't need a groom. I'm happy being single".

"And she's just twenty two Paddu! Give her sometime" Radhika sat beside Paddu.

"I don't need time too. I just want peace from all this love and marriage okay" Ahvi stood up taking her laptop and started walking towards the stairs.

"What do you mean by that? Don't you want to get married?" Varam questioned.

Ahvi faced them walking back "Just the thing I wanted to say. Yes! I'm neither interested in love nor marriage. Hell I'm not even interested in men".

Paddu parted her lips in shock "Are you.... L.. L.Lesbian? I should've known from the beginning when you and Vidya were inseparable".

Gayatri and Sam laughed while Vidya looked at them in horror "I don't know about your daughter but I'm definitely interested in men attayya".

"Mom! Stop it. What I'm saying is I don't need someone else in my life to take care of m-ah"  She turned around only to bump into a hard chest and that person held her waist before she could fall down.

"Yeah! So much for not needing someone to take care of you... " Varam rolled her eyes making everyone chuckle.

Ahvi pushed at Deva's arm and took a step back and glared at her family "That's not the point here! Stop searching for a groom" before walking down stairs to her room.

Everyone looked at Paddu who was pouting but turned towards Deva hearing his voice "I understand your sentimentality but Harsh changes his girlfriends like he changes his clothes everyday" who walked to his room.