Chapter 50

Ariana's POV.

I saw Grandfather throwing some newspaper in front of Dad.

"What is this?" He growled looking at Dad and sitting in front of him.

He picked up the newspaper and read it. Tension and worry spread over his face and I noticed Ric coming. He took the newspaper and his jaw clenched when he read it.

I stood up from the couch looking at their worried faces.

"How did this happen?" Grandfather asked and Dad heaved audibly, "You were making sure nothing happened then how..." He growled and Dad called someone.

I saw the newspaper. My jaw dropped and I gasped reading the headlines.

Vincents and Another Secret; Alaric Vincent got married secretly.

Alaric Vincent, eldest son of Samuel Vincent got married secretly. They've been married for more than one and a half years and succeeded in hiding their secret marriage. Living apart and behaving like strangers even after being married was something they did so effortlessly.

My eyes stopped at a blurry photograph that was clicked that day. Thankfully my face wasn't revealed yet and there was no trace of mine in the news. Seems like someone badly wants to tarnish their image.

Belle snatched the newspaper in urgency to read it and was shocked as well.

I heard Dad cursing some beautiful words on the phone.

"The editor said that someone gave this information secretly." He informed and made sure the editor apologized for this news publicly.

I was going towards my room, "Aana in my room." Ric's voice boomed.

"I've to study..." I reasoned and he narrowed his eyes, "In. My. Room." He uttered stressing each syllable before running upstairs leaving no room for discussion.

I went upstairs too and saw him getting ready for the office.

When I entered inside he immediately noticed my presence, "Closed the door." He ordered and I closed it.

Opening his drawer he removed a black satin tie. He pulled my hand and kept it on my palm. I looked at him and then helped him with the tie.

While making the knots his eyes were fixed on me. I felt his fingers on my waist.

"Sit." His tone is different than any time we've ever talked before. I can sense something erupting inside him.

Sitting on the edge of the bed I looked at him, he sat in front of me as well.

I saw him licking his lips nervously. Gulping down my nervousness I asked, "What is it?"

"Derek!" He took a pause and then again looked at me. Trying to find a reaction that I didn't give him. Eager to know what I was feeling when I heard his name he finally uttered, "And when I say his name don't you wanna ask anything?" He held my hand and his palm was sweating.

Sensing his discomfort I tightened my hold on his palm and shook my head.

"He's coming back!"

"Let him. What's the issue?" I asked and felt his nails digging in my palm. He was nervous. Insecure. I saw him gulping down a bile of saliva down his throat.

"If you're having second thoughts..." I scoffed.

Seriously?

I waited for him to finish but he didn't utter anything.

"Then?" I dare to ask when I know what he'll say. I swear if he said those words I'm thinking right now I'll lose my temper.

"Then you can..." He stopped and closed his eyes, "tell me are you regretting marrying me?"