CHAPTER 39

I woke up due to continuous harsh knocks on the door

“mythili open the door yaar”

Don’t know who the hell was knocking like a wild animal in the early morning, I shouted for mythic  and went back to sleep but once again someone knocked on the door this time with more force and harshness

Where the hell is this lady!!!

Whoever is knocking like this is so dead today. I opened the door but was pushed away harshly by Karthik who marched inside my room as if here is the king, this kid!

I frown seeing him looking around the room with worriedness before I can ask something Baba Sa rush inside the room and look around restlessly. What the hell is happening?? And where is mythili?

“where is mythili?”

Baba sa asked, I too has same question

“maybe bathroom”

I reply because it’s the most possible place.

“she is not in bathroom”

Karthik said coming out of the bathroom I frown

“what you mean she is not there? She must be there only or in puja ghar or in kitchen”

“vidharth she is no where. We checked every single corner even maid too is searching her and baba sa in whole masio----

“What the hell you mean she is not here???”

“yes baba sa and Mythili is not here.”

I took the letter which kaka sa pass me I frown seeing baba sa falling on bed with stressed and restless expression.

“good morning,

      I will get straight to the point, I and mythili are going away from you all. Yeah, We decided we don’t want to live between you all, between those people who don’t value our feelings, who don’t want to change themselves, who just care about themselves…. I suffered for 20 years, longed for you all but you guys decided to go your way giving no damn to my emotions and now I decided i don’t want to suffer anymore nor do I want mythili to suffer because of you all.

      You don’t want to let go of the past and start a new journey; here we are tired of making you all understand. I tolerate enough, now the hope of us being together as a family is dieing and honestly my old eyes would not be able to see that. I still would have not taken this step but then I notice tearfull, painfull and lifeless eyes of our kul laxmi, my granddaughter mythili. I bring her here thinking I am giving her her’s  happiness too but this family turns her soulful eyes into soulless.
I don’t want to know who is the reason behind those tears because we all are equally responsible. It was my fault to bring her here, as daughter-in-law of Rathore…. Biggest mistake of my life.