Chapter 25

Manager Zhou was speechless.
A long moment later, a deeply profound realization rose in his heart-

It seemed Lu Zhe really liked Shen Qiao.

Manager Zhou had kept an eye on Lu Zhe ever since he joined their team. This kid was so gentle on the outside, so seemingly easy to talk to. In truth, he had an extremely stubborn disposition. Once he made up his mind, not even a team of nine bulls could drag him away from his goal.

He could be so stubborn that he came off as almost... hateful.

At the same time, Lu Zhe had a sort of calm and insightfulness that was rare in kids his age. To put it plainly, he was a realist. Many times, the club came up with money-making schemes that Manager Zhou was embarrassed to tell the team about. Lu Zhe was the only one who seemed to understand the rationale behind such moves, and he never got the slightest bit angry over those blatant cash grabs.

That was exactly why Manager Zhou spoke to him about anything and everything relating to the team. Lu Zhe often didn't feel like a kid that Manager Zhou was in charge of; he often felt like a colleague to Manager Zhou, and sometimes he would even have to listen to Manager Zhou complain about various problems and dilemmas.

Manager Zhou had once wondered if Lu Zhe had grown up in a rather poor family. Was that why he seemed so much more mature and dependable than other kids his age?

But after paying special attention to Lu Zhe's expenses for a while, Manager Zhou found that this probably wasn't the case. The young players who got rich overnight after landing a big contract often couldn't control their spending, succumbing to extravagance. But Lu Zhe didn't.

From the day Lu Zhe entered DG, to now, Manager Zhou had never seen him spend extravagantly or impulsively on anything.

Old Wo and Er-Hua were like madmen when it came to their expenses, and Qian Bao also liked to buy name-brand clothes that went out of season after she wore them just a few times. Even their old big bro, Fish-Manager Zhou had noticed him spending lots of his free time watching female livestreamers and shelling out quite a lot of tips.

But Lu Zhe wasn't overly stingy either.

He wore the latest trendy fashions too, though he always shopped in a timely fashion, adding a few new outfits to his wardrobe at the start of every season. He dressed himself quite well; it was obvious that he didn't come from a struggling family.

Manager Zhou had always felt that Lu Zhe was the financially responsible sort. If one were to ask which of DG's members would have to worry the least about money after retirement, then the answer could only be Lu Zhe.

But today, Lu Zhe shattered Manager Zhou's impression of him.

Offering up half his life savings to pay the breach of contract penalty for severing ties with a sponsor, for personal reasons...

And it was even for another person.

Besides 'love makes people blind', Manager Zhou really didn't know what else he could say.

Lu Zhe looked towards Manager Zhou again. The manager's expression was full of the desire to sigh. A chilly sort of concern and affection hung in his eyes, like he was looking at a stupid dog who'd fallen into the river of puppy love again. It was enough to make Lu Zhe lose his smile.

Lu Zhe didn't even need to use his brain to figure out that Manager Zhou had misunderstood something. By then, tens of thousands of words of some torrid, dramatic love story might have already unfolded in Manager Zhou's rusty old head.

But Lu Zhe didn't offer an explanation. He only said, "If you don't have any other matters to discuss with me, I'll take this to mean you agree to my requests?"