"Of course she does," I replied.

"Chris, you're delusional. She'll cheat again, no doubt."

I just shook my head because Mama really doesn't know what she's talking about.

"And you know what I noticed?"

I waited for her to tell me.

"I think you have your eye on someone else."

Khadijah was the first person that popped into my mind.

"Do you still love Khadijah?" Mama asked.

Yes! Well, I don't know. I really do miss Khadijah. And yeah I still do have love for her. But then there's Jasmine.

"Mama, it's complicated."

"How so?"

"I do love Khadijah but I love Jasmine too. We been dating for 3 years, I can't just leave her like that."

"If you really loved Jasmine, you wouldn't be loving someone else. And that's all I'm gonna say," Mama said. She stood up and left.

I sighed and rubbed my face with my hands. All of this is so confusing. But I think I know what to do. I pulled out my phone and and started texting.

Hey you busy -Chris, 4:54 pm
No why -Khadijah, 4:56 pm
You wanna come thru -Chris, 4:56 pm
Sure I'll be there in 5 minutes -Khadijah, 4:57 pm

Even though I told Khadijah to talk to me, I was really eager to see her. Eventually, I heard a knock on the door. I jumped up, delighted. Khadijah stood at the door, smiling. She looked so pretty like she always does. For whatever reason I felt myself start to get nervous. I've known Khadijah for years, I don't know why I'm anxious.

"Hey Khadijah," I greeted her.

"Hey Chris. So, I was wondering if we could talk a walk? I haven't really gotten a chance to walk around."

"It's not cold to walk around?"

"No, just put on a light jacket."

I got ready before Khadijah and I went outside together. We started walking down the street. It reminded me of when I met Khadijah, 5 years ago. Mama made me walk her home and its when I first started to like her.

"So, we have do much to catch up on! What you been up to lately? Are you working?"

"Yeah, I'm an artist. I paint, spray paint, draw and all that shit."

"Is it selling good?"

"Yeah. I live in L.A actually. I can sell them quicker over there."

"Wow congrats Chris," Khadijah beamed. "So, what are you doing in Wicker? Did you come just to see me?" She laughed. "Ha, I'm kidding. Did you come to visit your family?"

"Yeah, I come like once a month to see my mama and Jasmine."

As soon as I said that, I could feel the vibe change.

"How long you guys been together?" She wondered. The tone in her voice was different, it sounded sad.

"Like 3 years."

"Oh." Now I feel bad for bringing up Jasmine.

"You got a boyfriend?" I asked. She better say no.

"No, I still haven't found someone in Chicago." Good.

Our walk was almost done. We had walked around the block and now we were almost at my house.

"You know what I just remembered?" Khadijah inquired.

I replied with a "hmmm" noise.

"That one day when we were in your room. Remember you told you me that you would never leave me?"

I stayed quiet because I had no idea what to say. I clearly remember that day.

"What happened to that?" She asked, softly.

We had stopped moving, we just stayed in place. I didn't realize how close we were. Our chests were practically touching. I don't even know what I was thinking. But Khadijahs perfume was intoxicating and being so close was really making me miss her body.

I leaned down and gently kissed Khadijah.

Actually I wouldn't even consider it a kiss. She pushed me away before I got the chance to really kiss her. I gave her a confused look. I thought she wanted this?

"Chris, I don't want to be a side hoe. Break up with Jasmine," Khadijah said.

I started to internally panic. Jasmine or Khadijah? Jasmine or Khadijah? Jasmine or Khadijah?
I pulled away from Khadijah quickly.

"Khadijah, I can't do this."