"Aww, you're speechless! I'm glad," she says, her words coming out all wrong. I thought the two of us ended on alright terms, but this Erica is newly turned. "I would say I'm surprised to see you, but this makes sense." She looks around for dramatic affect.

"I thought death would be peaceful." I say in barely a whisper, trying to make sense of this situation.

Erica scoffs. "For you? No. For you, this is as good as it gets."

My eyes flash towards hers. "Punishment? I think I endured enough of that when I was alive." I snap. She raises a brow in amusement.

"Seeing me is a punishment? Wow, no wonder you're here."

"No, the Erica I remember would've hugged me or-or gave me a better greeting."

"Would she?" Erica asks, her eyes narrowing. "you overshadowed me, even after I got the Werewolf upgrade. All eyes were always on you. Derek's eyes were always on you. Still are." She hisses, taking a threatening step towards me. My hands clench at my sides.

"Maybe it was the effort you made to get to him that had everyone look away." I tell her and I watch as her jaw sets.

"Good one." She says.

I sigh with a roll of my eyes. "Look, Erica, I don't have the patience to bicker with you right now. Where am I?"

"Hell."

"Yeah, this isn't Hell."

"Pretty close though." I mumble.

"Where else did you think you would end up, Princess?"

Her nickname sends a shiver down my spine. She's the only one that has ever called me that.

"Right," I huff. "I'll figure this out myself then."

Turning away from Erica, back towards the house, I'm met with another face that strikes immediate pain in my chest. A face I desperately needed to see in person again.

Tears spring in my eyes. "Christine?" I say softly.

She smiles lightly, mockingly. And that's how I know something's definitely wrong. "Surprise." She says before smashing an object into the side of my head. My body plummets to the grassy lawn and as soon as my face makes contact with the ground, I'm met with darkness once again.

***

"And she just...came back?" Lydia asks while watching Katherine; Stiles sitting close beside her.

"Yeah, she did." Melissa says with a small smile, so happy to see her daughter breathing and to hear the consistent beeps of the heart monitor.

Stiles holds Katherine's hand up to his lips, trying to keep himself from crying in relief. Although, the thought that keeps running through his head is why she won't wake up. What is keeping her from opening her eyes?

"The wires didn't hurt her?" Scott asks while looking over his sister's bare arms, making sure she wasn't harmed during the whole resurrection performance.

"I checked her once we brought her back," Melissa tells her son. "there were no marks on her or anything. Her magic must've been protecting her."