Chapter #23: A Small Talk...

(Written By Shroom)

//////////////////////////////////////

Pix quietly sighed as they watched Jimmy walk out of the tavern. They slightly shook their head, before sitting down where Jimmy had been sitting only sitting a few seconds before. "Anyways, Scott, Do you know anything else about the Listeners? Maybe even the Watchers? Or... This might ring a bell, the Seekers?" Scott seemingly froze when Pix mentioned the Seekers. "Y-you... How do you know what a Seeker is...?" Pix smirked a bit. "How could I not know what a Seeker is? I mean, it's good to know things about your friends, isn't it?"

Scott's eyes widened, "I..." He blinked a few times, trying to calm himself, "I have no idea what you're talking about." Pix stared at Scott, his eyes slightly flashing purple as he stared, "Mhm... Really? Because I seem to remember seeing you looking like one of those things." Scott didn't answer, instead, he just looked away from Pix. "So you're saying that you don't know what I'm talking about? Well, when I was still a Watcher, I very clearly remember watching your kind kill many Watchers and Listeners alike! Hell, I also know for a fact that you willingly agreed to become a Seeker!"

Pix could see that they were making Scott agitated, but he didn't care. They just wanted to make sure that Scott wouldn't kill them or Jim. "What do you say about that, Scott? You willingly becoming a Seeker just to save your ass from being killed by them!? To be completely honest, that is probably the most selfish thing I have ever heard of! You agreed just to save your tail, and in the process, you killed thousands upon millions of Watchers and Listeners!!"

Scott stood, grabbing the top of Pix's shirt, and dragging them up. "IF YOU SAY ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT MY PAST, I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD I WILL END YOU RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!" Tears streamed down Scott's face. "THE REASON WHY I BECAME A SEEKER WASN'T TO SAVE MY ASS. IT WAS TO SAVE MY SIBLINGS!! I NEVER WANTED TO KILL ALL OF THOSE WATCHERS AND LISTENERS!!!" Scott let go of Pix, who fell right back down into the chair. "This 'talk' is over."

//////////////////////////////////////////
370 words

If you haven't already, go get something to eat/drink and go get some sleep
I hope you all have a marvelous day/evening/night and I will see you all in the next chapter :]