chapter 2

Ethos POV:

"I..uhm sorry I didnt mea-" I stopped talking when I realized he was already gone. 'Hm weird.' I thought to myself.
                              ...
"ETHO! How was ur day, I miss u so much, I have a lot to tell u!" I was on the phone with Gem, my sister. She was clearly really excited to talk to me which made me smile. "Chill, we have enough time, u can tell me everything just slow down." I laughed.

"Sorry! Anyways, today I made a new friend! Her name is Pearl and she is really pretty and kind. Shes in my maths, biology and chemistry class so we can hang out throughout the day a lot!" Gem continued talking about her day quickly while I just listened with interest. "Thats great news. Im happy to know that u get along with people at ur school." I smiled. "What about u? Did u make new friends? Did u find a boyfriend already? Oh Im sure u-" she suddenly stopped and kindly apologized for rushing again.

I told Gem about my day which was really boring. I decided to let her know about my funny 'highschool movie' moment with that guy. She sounded really excited when I mentioned him. It wasnt like I kept thinking about that boy but it was the only kinda-interesting thing that happened today.

(1 week passes by)
Joels POV:

I havent been feeling well recently. Its only been..I dont even know how many days since school has started and Im already having trouble with my grades and my sleep schedule. My parents are furious I got a B. Its not even that bad- they are just overachievers. I should really take care of myself but how? All I do is study. I dont wanna go to school today..
...
"So I have decided to give u all projects.." I could hear the teachers voice fading slowly. I was in a trance for a few minutes until I heard the bell ring. Finally. One more class until the lunch break.

3rd person POV:

The class went by fast. After that Joel went to the cafeteria and just sat there, waiting for Grian, Scar, Lizzie and Lizzies best friend Scott. Grian came up to the boy and asked if he wanted to go out and play basketball. Joel was too tired and denied the offer.

"Oh cmon dont be a p-ssy! U dont wanna play cause u know Im gonna beat u..as always" Grian laughed. "Grian what the fuck?? I dont wanna play just because Ive got enough on my mind already. And Im tired. Fuck off dude." Joel was clearly upset- it was indeed true that Grian was much better at basketball than him.

"Whats up with u today? First u ignore me when I ask u something during class and now this?" Grian kept going. "Are u fucking dumb? Im clearly tired and my life is a mess right now so I suggest u leave me the fuck alone." Joel half-shouted the last few words.
"Alright then. Have fun being alone for the next hour." Grian shouted back.
                              ...
Joel quietly ate his lunch and then went to the boys locker room. There was no one there so he just sat in front of his locker and buried his hair in his shaky hands. 'What am I doing. Why was I mean to Grian. He has been nothing but patient with me. I just stood up all my friends. Why? Cause Im a fucking crybaby. What the hell. Ive got to man up.' he thought to himself as tears were rolling down his face.

(609 words)