chapter 15

Ethos POV:

Joel had gone somewhere. I was just hanging out with some guy I had met. His name was Mateo. He seemed pretty chill. He was from our school but he was a senior. He was tall and had green hair. After talking for a little while he asked to exchange numbers and I agreed just to be polite.

I went to the kitchen to find Joel. He was nowhere to be found. I asked Lizzie if she had seen him and she said he was upstairs in her room. I quickly got there. He was laying on her bed. Joels hair was messy, and he was still wearing his swimsuit. "Joel are u ok?" I asked as I got closer. "Huh? Wheres Jimmy?" was he fucking drunk?!! "Joel have u been drinking?" I asked with a serious tone. He just laughed stupidly.

I sat down on the bed and looked at him. His eyes were really red and his forehead was sweaty. I picked him up, went downstairs, quickly took his clothes and said bye to Lizzie. I headed to my house cause I knew his parents would be really mad. My mom wouldnt mind- she seemed to like Joel.

It was like 11pm so it was really dark. I stopped for a second and realized how dumb I was. 'Its fucking November. 11pm and Im carrying Joel around the streets. Hes half naked. What the hell is wrong with me??' I quickly took my phone and called a taxi to pick us up.

When we got home I quickly ran up the stairs to my room and laid Joel down on my bed. He was half asleep- he was mumbling something but I couldnt understand a word out of it. I covered him with blankets. I watched him fall asleep.

Then went downstairs to my mom. "Is it alright if Joel stays over for the night? We were outside and he um..he drunk a little.." my mom had always been chill about stuff like that so I didnt have to worry a lot. "Of course. Do I have to call his parents or-" "Nope! Thanks mom. Love u, goodnight!" I ran off.

I sat there and watched Joel sleep for a little while. Then I changed my clothes and slipped in my bed right next to him. I turned around so I could still see his face. I smiled and turned the lights off.

Joels POV:

When I woke up I realized I wasnt in my bed. I looked around but it was still dark. The only thing I could make out was Ethos face. I was almost on top of him and he was hugging me around the waist. My heart started pounding faster and my face got red. What had happened? My head felt dizzy and I couldnt remember anything from the night before. Then I felt my eyes closing once again.
...
"Joel..?" I woke up to Ethos voice. "Can u um..move a little, I wanna get up.." then I realized I was literally on him. "Oh sorry I didnt mean to.." my face flushed. He smiled at me and then he got up.

When he came back he asked me what had happened. "I dont know but I didnt mean to drink. I had never before and I dont even know why I tried it..Then Lizzie brought me up to her bedroom and thats all I remember..Do my parents know what happened?" I said the last sentence quietly. "No dont worry. U can stay over for a little until u sober up completely." he smiled at me and hugged me. We hung out for a little bit and then I left.

(621 words)