VII

»»————- ♔ ————-««

Gayoung was shaking uncontrollably, her breath coming in short, quick gasps as she leaned against Sunoo for support.

She had been running for what seemed like hours, but the sound of the woman's footsteps ringing in her ears made it feel like it had only been seconds.

He held her hand tightly, feeling her pulse pounding through her wrist. "It's okay, Gayoung," he whispered, trying to soothe her agitated state. "You can tell me everything."

Gayoung took a deep, shaky breath and buried her face in her hands.

"She just came out of nowhere," she said, her voice shaking.

"One moment I was walking, and the next, I could feel her breathing down my neck. And when I turned around, there was no one there. But I could still hear her footsteps."

Sunoo listened intently, his heart breaking for her. He knew how much she had been through, and it pained him to see her like this.

"Do you think she's still out there?" Gayoung's voice was low, almost a whisper, as she looked up at Sunoo with desperation in her eyes.

He shook his head. "No, Gayoung.She left."

But Gayoung didn't seem convinced.She shook her head, her eyes filled with tears.

"Her footsteps are haunting me" Gayoung trembles,tears streaming down her face.

"Come on baby I'll bring you outside"

Sunoo held her close as he carried her in his arms, trying to be as gentle as possible. He knew that she was having a panic attack, and he had to get her to a safe place as quickly as possible.

He rushed through the hospital grounds, his steps quick and purposeful. He saw the hospital's park up ahead, and he rushed towards it, looking for a peaceful spot where Gayoung could rest.

Sunoo laid her down on the bench, softly holding her close as she caught her breath.

Gayoung took a deep breath,steadying herself as she pulled him by the sleeves.

"Sunoo...I have something to tell you"

"Yes?"

"Do you know how I lost my mother?" Gayoung bitterly smiles,wiping her tears.

"I lost her due to a curse someone put upon her" She looks down,fidgeting with her fingers "She used to be such a sweet woman,even when my dad accidentally impregnated another woman and brought her kids to home".

"She treated them like her own sons" Gayoung let out a deep sigh "But I don't know why...one day she just started to change into someone I couldn't recognize anymore."

"She started getting colder,harsher and became obsessed with things that didn't used to matter to her in the past.She was a mess"

"Not only that,she was getting skinner and paler each day.She even throws up blood.My dad called the best doctors out there to heal her but no one couldn't help my mother"

"And then one day we were taking her to the hospital because it was an emergency but an accident happened that killed 2 women and one of them was my mother."

"Now I'm the one receiving the curse now" Gayoung looks up to him with teary eyes.

"Sunoo ah..I don't wanna die yet"

                   »»————- ♔ ————-««

Minji slowly opened her eyes and winced as a splitting headache took over her senses. She rubbed her temples, trying to clear the cobwebs from her mind.