VI

»»————- ♔ ————-««

Suzy stood outside the door, her heart racing with a mix of worry and fear. She knocked on the door, but there was no response. After a moment of hesitation, she finally decided to walk in.

Inside, she found Jake curled up in his bed, crying. Suzy's heart ached as she saw him in such a state.

She cautiously approached him, trying to find the right words.

"Jake," she said softly, her voice laced with concern.

Jake looked up at her, his eyes red and swollen from crying. "Baby" he said, his voice cracking.

Suzy immediately wrapped her arms around him, pulling him closer as he sobbed into her shoulder.

She felt the wet tears streaming down her cheeks, the heat of his body against hers. She could feel his heart beating wildly in his chest, and she could hear the desperation in his voice as he apologized over and over again.

It was like all of his pain and anger and frustration was finally being released in this one moment. She held him tighter, speaking words of comfort and love into his ear.

"It's okay," she whispered, her voice trembling. "It's normal for couples to fight and I'm here to make up for the fight".

He didn't respond, didn't move. He just lay there, cradled in her arms, his face pressed into her shoulder.

She could feel him shaking with every sob, and it broke her heart.

Suzy gently cupped his face, letting go of the hug and wiping the tears from his face with her thumb.

"I thought you said communication is key to every healthy relationship" Suzy chuckles,teasing the boy as she bops his nose.

Jake couldn't even look at her due to his guilt,making Suzy let out a small sigh.

"Sim Jaeyun look at me"

Jake looks up,his visible eye bags showing as he sniffles,wiping his tears away.

"Let's talk it out alright?"

Suzy looked into Jake's eyes,she knew that his emotions were running high, but she also knew that he was a good man at heart.

Jake nodded, his eyes still red and swollen from his tears.

"I'm sorry," he said, his voice tinged with shame. "I've been so insecure lately, and it's been affecting my behavior. I know that I need to work on it, and I promise that I will."

Suzy smiled, a mix of happiness and relief filling her heart.

She knew that Jake was a strong, capable man, but she also knew that everyone had their moments of weakness. And if she loved him, she needed to be there for him, to support him and help him through those moments.

"I'll be patient with you, Jake," she said, taking his hand in hers. "But I also need you to be patient with yourself. It takes time to change habits, and I know that you can do this."

Jake smiled shyly,looking down as his rosy cheeks became visible than earlier.

"Sometimes I feel like you're the man in the relationship.."

"Obviously I need to protect and reassure my baby girl right?" Suzy pinches his cheeks,grinning ear to ear.

"Can I have cuddles..please"

"As you wish Princess"

                   »»————- ♔ ————-««

It was a perfect evening for a dinner party, with the sun shining brightly and the wind ruffling gently through the trees.