Chap39

ᰔ𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓼𝓲𝓪 𝓡𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷𝓸𝓿 𝓹𝓸𝓿ᰔ

Today was chaotic. Waking up, I find myself in my penthouse dressed in a man's clothes. I know it's my shadow's clothes.

Water splashes on the bathroom floor as I drag my head up from the water inhaling deeply as my hands slowly stop trembling. I try to steady my breathing and focus on the sound of the water dripping from the faucet. The steam fills the room, creating a hazy atmosphere that matches the fog in my mind.

I close my eyes, trying to block out the memories that threaten to overwhelm me. The water droplets hit my skin makes me flinch. I let out a shuddering breath, feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders.

As I step out of the shower, I wrap myself in a towel and look at my reflection in the mirror. The person staring back at me looks empty and worn out, but there is haunting emptiness in my eyes.

Checking my phone, there are many missed calls from the Romanovs. A bitter taste is left in my mouth as I remember their cruel words. I drop my phone quickly and go to my sink, take my toothbrush and toothpaste, and violently brush my teeth trying to get rid of the bitter taste left in my mouth.

'My hands tremble more as my brushing gets more violent. Blood flows out of my mouth to my hands. I don't stop until my mouth is bloody and raw. Looking in the mirror, I catch a glimpse of myself and an uncontrollable, violent cackling leaves my bloody and raw mouth.'

I can't breathe as the violent cackling quickly turns into loud sobs of pure pain. My knees grow weak as I fall down on my hands and knees and sob until I no longer feel anything except the hollow emptiness, the infected darkness that takes over my skin like a disease. The weight of the world crushing down on me.

Suffocating me with its relentless grip. Each sob wracking my body with tremors of anguish, each breath feeling like shards of glass cutting through my chest.
The darkness consuming me whole, leaving me gasping for air in a sea of despair. I am drowning in my own sorrow, lost in a void of endless torment. And as I lav there. broken and shattered.

I slowly get up with no energy. I wash my bloody mouth and hands. I apply a bit of ointment, then slowly walk to my closet as today I need to go to my office. I missed too much work.

I chose a black suit and did my hair in an updo.

I did a bit of makeup to give my face a bit of life and left my face scar

I did a bit of makeup to give my face a bit of life and left my face scar. I didn't bother covering it, putting my lip oil on. I look at myself feeling presentable.

Taking my car as I drive in silence with a weed blunt hanging from my lips as their words mull over me

Parking my car in the private parking lot, I take my Birkin bag and get out. As I crush the blunt and light another one, this blunt is a special one that has crack. It's much faster with its effects.

I take the elevator to my floor. Then I nod at my assistant as I sit in my office chair while she gives me the documents I need to check out, everything that happened, and the deals I have to make and maintain.

I work on the documents, then I estimate my gains with the partnerships I'm making. As I continue working, my other assistant for my illegal business comes and gives me more documents - some drug shipments and weaponry shipments. Weapons that I export to Asia and the Middle East for governments and militaries.

My spies gave me documents about everything going on in the underworld and in the political world. Secrets, deep secrets.
When a man is happy, he tends to run his mouth, and I use that to my advantage, planting my people everywhere in the political world and the underground as I hold the ultimate power.

Dirty secrets, affairs of royalty, between each other. Murder, assault, abuse, drugs, sex - every dirty secret about the two worlds is in my hands. With just a click, I could ruin lives, and that is power.

I work until my hands hurt as my head turns to look from the glass view behind me it's evening I have been working for 19 hours since 8 am. The city lights twinkle like stars in the distance.

Getting up, I instantly fall back in my chair.
My vision is hazy as I grow dizzy, realizing I haven't eaten all day.

Calling the only assistant left in the company.

"Please bring me tomato soup from the local restaurant," I say as I hang up.

"And just close my eyes as I feel too dizzy to open them."

A knock makes me flinch.

"Come in," I say as my assistant walks in with the food in her hand. She puts it on my office table.

Miss Blackthorn, may I leave? It's quite late," the assistant says softly.

I dismissed her with a motion of my hand, too dizzy to talk.

she leaves as my nanas tremole as l oring the tomato soup to my mouth and forcibly swallow it like it's poison. I keep swallowing and swallowing until I finish it and I'm left with a bitter taste as I grow more nauseous.
To distract myself from throwing up, I take the strongest vodka, throwing my head back as I swallow the bitter liquid.

The burning sensation helps to numb the bitterness in my mouth as I try to forget the taste of the soup.
The alcohol warms my insides, temporarily easing the feeling of nausea that threatens to overwhelm me. I take another swig, desperate to escape the reality, even if just for a moment.

(☆▽☆)

Author's note

My apologies for slow updates. My life is quite a mess at the moment. I will try to update more often. Please vote, follow, and give your opinion. React and be comfortable.
хохо.💋🎀