Chapter 40

Ella's Point of View:

"So, what's the plan?" Emmanuel inquired, I was now in his house after walking out of my cousin's mansion.

I couldn't comprehend why my cousins showed no interest in seeking revenge on my parents.

"I wanted to call my uncle, the one who despises our father—well, they all do," I mumbled with a frown.

"Do you think you're going too far? You don't even want to ask them questions; you just want them to be killed like that?" Emmanuel questioned.

Letting out a breath, I looked away. I knew what I was doing was wrong, but my parents didn't care about us, so why should I?

"I just want my grandparents to like me, even my uncles," I whispered.

"Do you know how hurt I felt when I found out Dad was the cause of their pain, especially my cousins?" I asked softly.

"I understand, sis, but you've got me now. Isn't that good? You don't need your cousins or uncles or grandparents," Emmy said, grabbing my hands.

"Our birthday is just next week. When we turn 18, we can move to another country, change our names, and start a new life together. We don't need to go through all this, Ella," he suggested.

Letting out a breath, I looked up at the ceiling. I still wanted my cousins to have revenge on my parents, and I wanted my brother and me to get close without family drama.

"I think I've got an idea," I whispered with a smirk.

"I don't know what you're thinking, but I love that look," Emmanuel mumbled with a smirk.

"Okay, you said you have enough money for us to move out of the country, right?" I asked.

Nodding, he tilted his head to the side.

"What if we both give the information about our parents to our grandparents, cousins, and uncles, and then we leave like nothing happened?" I suggested softly.

Emmanuel looked at me, eyes wide.

"It's like we were never in their lives," he whispered.

"Yes!" I said happily with a smile when he understood.

"Are you okay with this, though? Leaving your cousins and everyone behind?" Emmanuel asked softly.

"Well, in life, you've got to take risks, and this is going to be one of the biggest ones," I said with a shrug.

"Alright, I'll go get Phil and Collins; we've got to start from somewhere," Emmy said with a smile, then walked out of the room, leaving me alone.

Feeling my phone buzzing in my pocket, I pulled it out.

"We need to talk, Ella" - Rm.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I tried thinking who this would be, only to get another text.

"It's Roman. Meet me at the park, PLEASE!"

Rolling my eyes, I quickly stood up from the ground.

"Need to take a walk. I'll be back soon!" I said loudly to my twin. He gave me a thumbs-up before going back to his phone. With that, I walked out of the house.

Vote, please ♥️