Chapter 26

Ella's point of view:

"So, Ella, how old are you?" inquired a man with bright blue eyes, staring at me.

"17, I'll be 18 soon," I replied softly, looking down at my untouched food. The boys had noticed but remained silent.

"And you've never met your parents before, sad," Angelo, the man, murmured.

"What do you mean she's never met them before?" another man asked, confused.

All of them stared at me intensely, trying to read me.

"You ask her," Angelo said with a sigh.

"Ella, is this true? You've never met your parents?" my first uncle, Sam, questioned.

Nodding nervously, I bit down on my lips, trying to control my anxiety.

"When I talk to you, I expect you to look into my eyes," Sam ordered.

Nodding again, I slowly lifted my head. All my uncles were staring, except for Amelia, who continued eating.

"So, is it true?" Sam asked again.

"Yes, I've never met them before," I whispered softly, looking at him.

"That can't be. Why wouldn't they want to meet their child?" Uncle Kelvin mumbled.

"Are you aware you have a brother?" Sam raised an eyebrow.

My heart dropped; this couldn't be.

I shook my head, looking at my cousins. Alex seemed furious.

"I think it's time to end this dinner, yes?" Alex scolded.

My uncles chuckled. "You can't keep it from her for long, son," Uncle John mumbled.

"Did you guys tell her that her father killed your father, or are you pretending to be nice brothers to her?" Uncle Mark chimed in.

A gasp left my lips as I turned towards Alex, who held his fork tightly, restraining himself.

"It wasn't her fault, so why should we tell her?" King mumbled.

"She's the daughter of a killer and a kidnapper too," Uncle John stated, making others laugh except Uncle Sam.

"That's enough. Ella, do you want to know what your father did?" Uncle Sam asked.

Nodding, I had no idea what to say, needing to know what my father had done and about my brother.

Vote, please ♥️