Chapter 10

Ella's point of View:

"Alright, Ella, we only have an hour, then we're leaving—Alex's orders," Jacob announced.

Nodding, I distanced myself from the boys, uncomfortable with the attention they attracted.

I silently appreciated being 5'4" and relatively inconspicuous.

Entering the first store, I noticed Roman following me, prompting a groan.

"Stop following me, Roman," I muttered, browsing through the expensive clothes.

Though pricey, my cousins insisted I choose without considering the cost.

"I'm sorry for lying, Ella. Alex instructed me to convey that to you," Roman confessed.

Curious, I asked, "Why didn't they come themselves? Why send you?"

Avoiding eye contact, Roman replied, "Your cousins are busy, and I was ordered to pick you up, that's all."

I chuckled, nodded, and deposited numerous outfits on Roman before continuing my shopping spree.

Outside, the twins were on the phone, and Jacob hurried to my side.

"Done with this store?" he asked softly.

After confirming, I observed Roman settling the bill with Alex's card.

Moving to another store, and then another, I grew weary of the shopping marathon.

"Let's go get some ice cream," Jake suggested.

"Can I wait in the car? I'm really tired," I murmured.

Jacob agreed, instructing Roman, "Take her to the car, and keep her safe. If anything seems off, call us."

We headed to the car, a bodyguard holding the door open for us.

"In," Roman stated bluntly.

Rolling my eyes, I entered, feeling the exhaustion sink in.

"Go to sleep, Princess," Roman suggested.

"My name is Ella, not princess," I snapped before turning away.

I heard Roman sigh, but I was too tired to care. With a yawn, I curled up, ready for some much-needed rest.