Chapter 11

Ella's point of View:

Today is a school day.

Yesterday, all my cousins left the house, leaving Roman and me with a few bodyguards around.

They didn't disclose their destination, and I didn't inquire.

Somehow, I sense that these people harbor a lot of secrets, but then again, I'm just their cousin.

I'll likely make my exit when I turn 18.

"Ella, are you ready? The twins are waiting for you," Adonis called out.

Exhaling, I examined my outfit—a black crop top hoodie, blue light pants, and white sneakers.

I'm not a slim girl, nor do I possess a model's physique; I'm more on the slim-thick side. Grandma always ensured I ate and scolded me when I didn't.

Grabbing my black bag from the mall, I checked everything and closed the door behind me.

I smiled at Adonis before descending with him trailing behind.

"Ready for today?" he asked softly.

"I don't know, maybe I am," I whispered, unsure of my feelings about attending school in person.

"Finally, I thought you were giving birth in there," Jake quipped with an eye roll.

Chuckling, I wished them a good morning.

"Did the others leave already?" I inquired, raising an eyebrow.

Adonis nodded as he moved toward the door. "Come on, I'll drop you guys at school," he offered.

Shaking my head, I went to retrieve my bag that Adonis had packed.

The twins were already leaving the mansion, and I couldn't believe Dax and the others didn't see me off today.

I should expect more of this; those men are intimidating.

Opening the car door, I hopped in and took a deep breath.

"All ready?" Adonis asked.

In unison, we replied with a "yes," and with that, he drove off.