Chapter 35

Ella's Point of View:

It's been two days since the fake kidnapping. The others found out I was just making it up and grounded me for that.

However, Roman never spoke to me. I won't blame him, though; I acted like a brat. I need to apologize to him for that.

But I also need to go to Emmanuel. My cousins made it hard for me to move, constantly watching my every move in school and at home. I know they have a tracker on me, disguised as a gift from Adonis.

"What's got you thinking, twin?" Emmanuel asked softly.

Smiling at the sad look on his face, I explained, "Just thinking of how to escape this house so I could meet up with you."

Emmanuel suggested, "You know, I have my own house. It's not too big, but it's perfect for both of us."

Surprised, I chuckled, "You're 17; how do you have a house?"

"I'm a boxer; I make a lot of money. What do you think? We both run away and start a new life together as twins," he proposed with a smile.

"That sounds amazing, but isn't it too harsh on my cousins? They took me in," I replied.

Emmanuel rolled his eyes, saying, "And they hid this from you. If not for your uncles, we would never have known each other."

"I know, but let's think of finding our parents first, then we can decide," I suggested quietly.

Emmanuel shared, "My aunt said they're dead. I don't think we should look for them."

Nodding, I looked towards the door and whispered, "I think someone is coming. I'll call you back. Bye," before ending the call.

Dax questioned, "Who were you talking to?"

Ignoring their constant scrutiny, I replied,

"Myself, I was talking to myself," and rolled my eyes as he walked away.

Vote, please ♥️