Chapter 20

Ella's Point of View:

"TIME OUT," my voice echoed through the gym as Jake executed a move that landed me forcefully on the ground. Gasps from the crowd and someone muttering, "That's going to be hard," filled the air.

Jake seemed to be enjoying himself a bit too much. Did he forget that I was a girl?

"Come on, man, are you trying to kill her?" Jacob's concerned voice reached my ears as he walked towards me. There I lay on the ring, limbs spread out like a starfish.

"I hate you," I mumbled, adding a fake cry to emphasize my dissatisfaction.

The room fell into a curious silence as everyone's attention turned to me, unsure of how to react.

"WHY IS SHE CRYING?" a voice boomed, and I lifted my head to see Alex and King entering the room with two boys in tow. Reacting instinctively, I rushed towards King, seeking refuge in his arms.

"Jake wants to kill me in there; he said we need to train, but this isn't training," I whispered to King, hugging him tightly. The room remained silent, tension building among the boys.

"I'M NOT GOING TO ASK AGAIN, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?" Alex demanded, raising an eyebrow.

"Roman, answer me, or I'll shoot you guys, even my brothers," he threatened, causing me to gasp. Was he serious?

"Sir, Jake thought it was a good idea to train Ella. I had no idea he was going to be hard on her like that," Roman explained, casting a glance at Jake, who appeared deep in thought.

"I didn't mean to be hard on her that way. I'm sorry," Jake whispered.

"Take her to her room," Alex ordered King.

King nodded, taking my hand and leading me towards the door. Glancing back at the ring, I couldn't shake off the guilt. I didn't want Alex to be angry with any of them, particularly not Jake.

"Please don't fight; he was just trying to teach me how to be strong," I pleaded before abruptly stopping.

"I'm sorry that I'm weak and fragile," I mumbled with a sigh. Before anyone could respond, I ran towards my room, burdened by the thought that my dramatic life might get them in trouble.

Vote, please ♥️