I shouldve stayed (Aidan×Suic!dal)

✫_Angst

___

Your old friend Aidan is back in the city.
He left when you two were still in high school and moved to Calm Springs.

When you heard he was back from a group of chattering girls you were excited and happy . You haven't seen him in years now .
But he wasn't alone. He's...engaged. To a very beautiful woman.

Red hair, freckles,plump lips, beautiful eyes and better for Aidan. Since he came back you've wanted to tell him how you've felt about him.

You like him, very much. But you thought he'd reject you and only label you as a friend... nothing more. You've seen him do that to other girls too. What's different about you?

You kept your feelings concealed and told them to no soul.

Since he came back he's been visiting you, thankfully not with his fiancé. You wanted to admit at how happy he looked.

He got more built, his hair got silkier and his facial features could strike a bull. You missed those days he'd flirt with you and call you 'my girl' ,but those days are gone.
He has a life ahead of him, he doesn't need people like you to slow him down.

You knew he was happy and didn't have time to deal with your sad moods like the good old days.

You sent him a text this evening.
Confessing your feelings to him. Thanking him for being there for him through tough times and negative mental states. He was the only special person in your life and was the reason for you to breath.

After an hour Aidan arrives at your house.
He opened your bedroom door and saw you on the bed, upside down. You smiled to yourself at how silly he looked upside down.
"Come lie with me" you said softly. He chuckled and folded his arms walking towards the bed to sit besides you instead.

"Y/n you know I can't do that" he reminded, because he knew you didn't like him on your bed, since you two were younger. But you actually loved it. Aidan Gallagher sitting on your bed, leaving his scent on your sheets.

You took a breath in and oustretched your arms and yawned ,the pills were working already. "Plea...se" you whined feeling your eyelids getting heavier by the second.

You heard him chuckled ,then felt his shift hand graze your cheek."Y/n?" He says softly with a smile. You hummed in response with a smile too. Trying to mimic his dimpled one.

Your smile started fading and your face released all emotion. Aidan furrowed his brows at the sudden change of your expression. He softly shook you and called your name but your eyes would flutter open then close again.

Aidan's concern and worry levels were starting to rise up. He looks around and sees emptied bottles of desomorphine and alprazolam and some of their pills spread on the floor and some in your bed. How could he have not noticed them before.

You had overdosed.

He snaps his head at you and shakes his head in shock and disbelief "No no no no no" he repeated in his head."What did you do?" He says as if you'd respond. You couldn't even lift an eyelid now.

"Y/n" he called. He stood up abruptly and ran to the bathroom and opened the shower , letting the water run down the tub's drain. He rushed back into your room and picked you up , bridal style.

Your body was lighter than he had remembered, not because of the dispiriting fact that you were dead-limp. He got in with you still in his arms, not caring about the lukewarm water wetting his clothes.  He sat down and laid your body on his chest.