Chapter 46: Reality

Stolas awoke on the bed, disoriented from the vivid nightmare that had shaken him from sleep. Rubbing his temples, he tried to shake off the unease of what he had seen. "What a horrific dream."

Glancing around the dimly lit room, he took in the worn-down walls and dusty furniture, a stark contrast to his usual surroundings. His eyes fell on Aliza, who sat nearby, her expression tense as she kept watch.

Attempting to rise from the bed, Stolas found his movement restricted by the cold angelic metal of handcuffs binding him to the bed frame. His confusion deepened, and he turned to Aliza, seeking answers about the unsettling situation unfolding around them. "Miss Aliza," he began, his voice tinged with apprehension, "What's going on?"

Sevens appeared next to her, as Aliza said. "Stolas, I'm sorry."

Stolas gripped his face with his freehand, "It wasn't a dream?"

Sevens called out, "He's spiking!"

Aliza reached out, grabbing her arm, "Stolas, calm down. You'll lose everything else if you continue down a path of anger."

A door opened as Octavia stood there in tears. Stolas's eyes widened, "Via! Are you okay?"

Octavia dived into his arms, "Dad..." she didn't know what to say.

Aliza looked at Sevens, "Explain."

Sevens stepped forward. "The anger and rage you feel, it's infected with disease, like cancer. Every time you muster it, your ability will spike. You become incredible powerful. But at the cost of your sanity and ability to feel. Your power level will reach a climax, usually after killing everyone and everything, causing the universe to collapse. This mostly happens in the uncontrolled beyond the Dual Letter marks."

Stolas looked at her. "Dual letters?"

Sevens nodded. "Because of the constant expansion of the multiverse, it results in the universes we cannot control due to us being spread so thin. So we form a defensive perimeter of universes 676 large. The Angels and Multiversals monitor this, including the Coordinate. Each universe has been designated two letters; this one is Zulu Alpha or ZA. We are lucky the enemy hasn't come here yet."

Octavia's and Stolas's eyes widened as Octavia looked at her. "You're an angel?"

Sevens sighed, "Well, I'm an Angel AI construct made to assist purpose of a rear line combat unit. I possess a tiny fraction of the power of the Multiversals, the most powerful beings inside the perimeter."

Stolas thought for a second. "Do you have any proof?"

Sevens shook her head, "The Multiversals keep themselves very secret, but I can ask one of my unit with a real physical form to come here. He's only a platoon commander, though."

The door burst open as Loona ran in. "Someone's at the door!"

Sevens nodded. "It's him. Let them in."

The door opened as a figure in black armour stepped in with a helmet.

His wings sprouted as he looked at the AI construct, "9-2."

Sevens looked back, "Lieutenant."

The Lieutenant walked over to stolas, "So he's infected?" He scratched his chin. A chair appeared behind him as he sat down. "Last time we encountered a Stolas anachronism, he was a tough bastard to take down."

Octavia walked closer, "Take down?! You don't mean..."

The Lieutenant nodded. "He was a High Priority Target, leading the attack on Zulu November. In the end, we had to call in Alpha company to deal the final blow."