Extra Chapter: White Sinsmas

Authors Note:

So Merry Christmas... or early Merry Christmas for those a couple of hours behind me, and those who find this after the 2023 Christmas period, well, um. I'm not sure what to say. Annnnyway. So an extra chapter woho. This is not a weekly chapter like the rest and will not play an important role in the main story, but was more a bit of fun for the Christmas holidays. Quite obviously, I'm ignoring the main story to release this and the characters are on much more normal terms. Canonically, if I had to place this somewhere in the story it would be just before CH25: The Sheriff, in the period Lewis is beating the shit out of Crimson's mafia.

This chapter is roughly what I consider 2nd tier canon and if I do hint at something and correct it in later chapters, the later chapters take priority.

- Me

Let's get on with the story then...

~~~~~~~~~

Italian-French border

Mont Blanc

Perched on the snowy banks, Aliza gazed over the cliffside, despite the ear warmer and the fully heated jacket with hand warmers lining the inside, the freezing air made her mutter, "Of course the fucker has insisted we do this here." She huffed, standing up and added, "At least it's actually hot in hell," still grumbling and complaining as she clicked on her skis.

With her poles, she propelled herself forward. She glided down the slope quite leisurely, even though it was filled with moguls that were completely carved to bits. Tearing down the slope at a reasonable pace she entered a forest. Locking in, she slowed slightly but still kept the pace up. Eventually, the terrain started to flatten out. Aliza abruptly stopped as she encountered a subtle upward incline.

Letting out a sigh, she unhooked her skis, attaching them to her backpack before embarking on the ascent. Climbing the slope, she felt the burn in her boots but kept moving.

Reaching the peak, she shielded her eyes from the sun as a fleet of snowmobiles sat on the snow ahead of her. "Fucking cunts," she muttered under her breath.

Lewis lounged on a sun lounger, fully clad in snow gear and sporting a set of aviators. In his human form, he grinned up at Aliza. "Enjoy the ski?" Aliza strolled over and nonchalantly tipped over his sun lounger. Instantaneously, his form shifted to his demon state as he landed on his side. "I, too, am so excited for Christmas that I could flip a chair!"

Aliza grinned, stepping inside. Almost instantly, someone leapt at her, embracing her tightly. Aliza returned the gesture, chuckling as she patted Octavia on the back. "So you were dragged along as well?"

Octavia nodded, "Well, I wouldn't say dragged..." she paused, "I was told you were coming and knew you would be lonely..."

Aliza ruffled her head before walking upstairs, "Who else is here?"

Byrne waved, slightly turning his head from the sofa, "Me, Stolas and IMP."

Loona sat on the opposite end from Byrne as she looked up from her phone, "Yo."

Aliza gave her a nod, "Yo."

Octavia grabbed Aliza by the hand and she pulled her in front of the single tree inside the house, "Look! It looks incredible!"

Aliza admired the glistening decorations—tinsel, lights, candy canes, and baubles adorned the tree. It sparkled enchantingly as Aliza knelt in front of the evergreen tree. She was almost entranced, her eyes reflecting the twinkling lights. Aliza held a branch as she smiled, shaking her head, "That it does."

Lewis rang a bell, "C'mon! Dinners ready!"

They all sat around the table as Blitzo had his feet up, "So, are we gonna start eating or not?!"