Chapter 16: Take a Stand

An explosion rocked the floor as Millie was the first to enter the main room. She crouched in a landing pose, and the operators impatiently waited for her to move.

Moxxie spoke excitedly, "THERE'S my Millie!"

Millie ran towards them, cutting them free with one slice.

Blitzo nodded at her, "Impressive work, Mills! How'd you get here all by yourself?"

Suddenly, several figures dressed in black descended from the ceiling.

Blitzo assumed a fighting pose as Loona smashed through the one-way glass, climbing into the room, "LOONIE?!"

She swore, "Get your arses out here before MORE FUCKERS SHOW UP! Byrne's people are supporting us!"

Byrne jumped through the window behind her, "Yo, so you're Blitz."

Blitzo's eyes narrowed, "You..."

Moxxie looked between Byrne and Blitzo, "Uh, Millie, who's this?"

Millie looked at him, "Remember the human who helped me take down the giant fish?"

Moxxie's eyes widened, stepping slightly closer to Millie, "Why's he helping us?"

Byrne looked at him, "Long story, but a mutual friend will find it insulting if I leave you out to dry."

One of the operators walked closer with a first aid bag, but Moxxie waved him away.

The operator nodded, shoving it back into one of his pouches.

Behind the window, one of the agents pressed the counter as alarms went off, and a wall collapsed behind them, revealing a huge room filled with hundreds of agents, all with Edo-period Japanese weapons.

They started to surround the group as the operators aimed.

Byrne noticed his rifle's chamber was clear of rounds, checking his pouches, all he found were pistol magazines. Drawing it, Loona threw down a bag of weapons.

Each member of IMP drew one or two, and Blitzo looked back, "Ooookay, I've had one too many emotions for today! Guys... Let's fuck these fuckers up!"

He faced the agents as Byrne spoke, "The person who gets the most kills gets £50 worth of free NAAFI."

A chuckle came from the group of operators as one darted forward, sliding underneath an agent and slicing the agent's balls in half with his bayonet. Turning around, he fired once before firing full auto into a group of other suits.

Hartford darted behind him, firing upon a few agents as they charged the soldier's positions, quickly dropping two. He drew his bayonet, deflecting a katana's blow. Seeing a steel ball fly towards him, he saw a white flash as the ball split from its chain and smashed into the wall.

Loona grabbed it inches from the operator's face, swinging it into several Dhorks. Hartford watched in awe as she moved with what he would describe as such beauty and precision.

She stopped, facing two agents and spitting the chain out. Hartford darted forward, "Shoulder!"

She looked back as he ran towards her, jumping. He landed on her shoulder, propelling himself into the air. Hartford opened fire on the agents, causing them to drop.

He turned around, with a bounce in his step, "I've never seen anyone with a more spectacular fighting style!"

Loona went to point behind him when he drew a pistol and gunned an agent down, "Thanks?" she murmured.

Loona turned around, swiping one before biting another's head off.

Hartford watched, "God, I wish that were me."