Chapter 41: Slaughter

A voice boomed from above as they all turned their gaze to the sky, "I am Zulu 9. The Battalion Commander assigned as defensive forces. As of now, I will be taking this case." He had his faceplate open, wearing the rest of the armour.

The striking contrast between its pure white wings and its gleaming black form was breath-taking, the wingspan nearly spanning the width of the entire room. As the battalion commander descended gracefully, Sere couldn't help but feel a shiver run down her spine, her gaze locking onto his human-like face with a mixture of awe and terror.

His hair was a sleek black, cut short. A scruffy beard adorned his chin, adding a rugged appearance. Amidst the patchy growth, the Seraphim noticed traces of scars peeking through. "I see, however... uh."

The officer nodded, "Lieutenant Colonel or Sir."

Sere's eyes were wide, almost like she was trying to plead, "Sir, I must protest. This is an internal matter."

Zulu 9 shook his head. "Not anymore," he whispered something. Aliza could read his lips. 'Look at the hellhound's shoulder.'

Sere looked straight at Aliza as her eyes widened. She turned around composing herself, "I um... I still must request Multiversal Forces stay out of this matter."

Another Angel in black armour flew up. "The Lieutenant Colonel has spoken. If you wish to take it up with command, you are free to file a complaint."

Zulu 9 scolded the other Angel, professionally, being careful not to imply they lacked authority. "2. Show restraint. They aren't drilled as much as us."

Sere looked somewhat confused as Aliza looked back at Charlie. "It's going to be alright." Aliza walked forward. "Could we begin the trial?"

Zulu 9 said, looking at her, "We can. Let the prosecution begin."

Charlie adjusted her tie. "As of now, Hell faces many vile issues. Many we have set future plans in place to fix. However, there is one major one we need help from Heaven to achieve." The Angel leaned on the edge as he tilted his head to the side. Charlie breathed in, "Abolishment of the extermination."

Cries of outrage came in the court as a horrifying aura engulfed the room and everyone fell silent, "Speak without permission in my courtroom again, and I'm kicking you out." Zulu 9 said to the other angels, "Got it?"

The angels nodded.

Zulu 9 looked back at Sere. "I've never heard of this extermination. Can you explain to me..." he trailed off, "Exactly. What it is."

Sere fumbled her words, "Well- uh- um- its- uh."

Zulu 9 seemed to tower hundreds of meters above her, even though she was much taller than him. "What?" He froze. "Did you violate genocide laws? Did you commit a genocide?" Sere backs away slowly as Zulu 9 smiled. "Scared?"

Aliza only saw the shadow, like a beast towered behind Zulu 9.

Sere shook her head. "No, of course not." She attempted to think of an excuse. "We were putting down a rebellion."

Aliza said, "Every year... at exactly zero hundred hours for exactly 24 hours on New Year's Eve?"

Zulu 9 nodded. "Defendant, do you want to counter anything said?"

Lute said, "Those things are monsters. They have no right to live." She had pure malic behind her voice.

All four of the Angel soldiers turned around and gave her a death stare beneath their helmets. None of their faces were shown, but the collective aura told Lute she had pissed off the wrong people.