Chapter 22: Small Owl in the Big City

Lewis and Aliza took their human disguises as they walked down the alleyway.

A portal opens in front of them as IMP and Stolas step through. They exchanged a glance.

Blitzo was the first to speak, "Alright, let's make this quick. In and out before anyone notices us here."

The ear-piercing sound of gunfire echoed through the sky, followed by shrill screams. IMP looked around as Lewis looked at Loona. He felt something was different about her just from her expression.

Blitzo scratched his chin, "Oh. This doesn't look much different from Hell," changing the subject, while brushing the dust off his jacket, "Alright, now let's get to work. Loonie, sniff!"

Lewis nodded at Aliza, as he kept one eye on Loona, as she shook her head almost like she was returning to reality. "Take a lense," he muttered.

Aliza nodded, noticing Lewis was cautious of Loona. Lewis handed her a small case with two curved lenses in it. Dropping one into both eyes, several screens lit up in her vision, "Woh, this is incredible."

Lewis pulled his own case before putting them in, "Courtesy of those scientist bastards, gonna need it back later though, so don't get too attached."

Aliza jumped up onto a rooftop pouncing still disguised. Moving with superhuman speed and precision she quickly mounted the roof getting a good look. She pulled up her phone, "pick up..." she muttered as it rang with the name Via pasted on the phone...

The call went through, but no voice spoke, Aliza pulled it closer to her ear, "You okay?" She heard a whimper, Aliza nodded, "Everyone's worried about you... we still have time before the stars come out, just tell me where you are."

Nothing.

Suddenly the phone cut off as Aliza slipped it back into her pocket, pressing down on her earpiece she spoke, "Ares."

Byrne's voice came over her earpiece, "I have the phone's tracker, sending location to your HUD."

Aliza and Lewis exchanged a glance as he acknowledged her darting off.

Down on the street, Loona removed an empty can from her hair, "How am I supposed to smell anything in this city?"

Moxxie quipped, "Can't you even do one thing right?"

Loona smugly attempted to respond, "Can't you finally do something about how —" She stopped herself standing back, Lewis and Moxxie both raised an eyebrow.

Lewis shook his head, "Anyway we should get moving," walking towards the end of the alley, he looked onto the bustling road, "Have you got your human disguises yet?"

Blitzo jumped on the bin, tapping a drawn image of IMP with Loona in her human disguise plus Stolas and a fake moustache. Blitzo smiled, "No but we can improvise, these dumb fucks haven't even noticed us once yet!"

Lewis raised an eyebrow, "What about the DHORKS?"

Blitzo scratched his chin, "Who?"

Lewis sighed, "Right, let's get going, if you have a form take it."

Loona and Stolas get a dual Sailor Moon-esque transformation sequence into human disguises. Blitzo's jaw was wide, "No chance you can conjure us a couple of those, can ya?"

Stolas made several hand gestures while he was explaining, "Sadly, no. I'm afraid without my Grimoire, my powers are just a tad limited in the human world."

Blitzo turned away, attempting to be sassy, "What, you can't memorise your fucking spells?"

Stolas's anger was stirred by this, "Oh, your memory's so great?" he pointed to Moxxie, "What's his phone number?"