78. The Road To Trouble

DEAN STRAKEN

Though Dean had called Arrow right away with his find, she suggested for them to meet the next day, at her organization. Dean couldn't help but question her decision, pointing out the potentially catastrophic outcomes if she were to mess up.

Arrow assured him she had it under control before reiterating what time he should be there. She sounded confident with her decision, and Dean decided it wasn't his place to press the issue any further.

Once that was settled, he had called Calvin, cringing guiltily as he realized how much time had passed and he'd yet to talk to his friend. On the call with him, Dean found out he was with Naomi and Avery, surprising him. He thought Calvin would have been at his own home by then, but he understood.  Calvin alluded to the situation happening over there but opted to tell him the full thing in person.

Before Dean hung up with him, he asked casually how long he'd be taking off work. This made Calvin pause, sighing, and Dean could sense something was up.

"I've just been...I don't know...entertaining the idea of transferring to another precinct." Calvin admitted to him, stunning him into silence. "With everything that went on, and that's still going on. Quinn, the Kennedys. I, I can't see myself functioning as normal there."

"That's a big decision," Dean had replied, "Give it time. It's only been a day."

"I doubt two more will change my mind. I don't think I can work there anymore." Calvin replied, the conversation ending there.

Dean understood his friend's reasoning, but the selfish part of him didn't want Calvin to leave. His hatred for Quinn grew in that moment, her being the cause of this.

Grabbing the journal and flash drive, Dean heads out. He plans to meet Arrow and then head to work.

~

The handoff of the items was a quick exchange as Dean had to head to work, and Arrow had no time to spare.

At the precinct, Dean heads to his desk, greeting Kim-Lee, who leans in close to whisper to him. "So?"

"What?" Dean asks.

"What's the update on the book?" Kim-Lee presses curiously.

"There's isn't any. It is out of my hands. The less I know, remember." He replies.

Kim-Lee nods, looking slightly disappointed. She goes to say something, but Dean's phone begins to ring. Seeing Calvin's name on the screen, he answers, getting up from his desk while holding up a finger to Kim-Lee.  "One moment." He says to her.

"Cal, what's up?" He says into his phone.

"Naomi is missing."

"What?"

"She went to her loft with Avery's boyfriend, but she went into the building alone. He got held up because this old lady rear-ended him. He couldn't find her when he went inside. The door was still locked when he checked." Calvin explained.

"Where are you now?" Dean asks.

"At the apartment. I used my badge to get the manager to show me the security footage. She went to check her mailbox, and then this little girl came up crying. The kid leads her into a blind spot in the parking garage. The other cameras down there were conveniently offline." Calvin explains.  "We already know what went on. It's obvious. We just need to find out where he's taken her."

"What?"

"We need to do a search on Josh Kennedy. But doing it at the precinct is too dangerous. I... Is it possible for you to ask Arrow for help?" Calvin says to him.