55. Distrust & Suspicions

ARROW BERLIN 

Arrow watches in shock and disdain as Nicholas steps aside to let the girl. By the looks of it, she couldn't be much older than herself, Arrow guessing they were around the same age. 

"Thanks for coming, Av," Nicholas says to her with an appreciative nod. The girl shrugs in return with a small smile, her eyes only now meeting Arrow's. "No time for introductions, the clock's ticking on this one." Nicholas interrupts before either of them can say a word. 

"Where's the patient?" She asks

"Through here," Nicholas replies leading her to the living room. 

"Holy shit Nic!" The girl exclaims, grabbing a pair of gloves from the box Arrow had bought. "This is not what you described!" 

"We can't do the hospital scene, that's why I called you," Nicholas says in return as begins unwrapping the bandages to inspect Ezra's injuries. 

"Nic, this - " She begins but Nicholas cuts her off raising his hand. 

"Just do what you could, please. Desperate situation here, Avs." 

The girl looks at him for a second before she glances at Arrow, contemplating her choices. "Fine."

~

It's three in the morning when Arrow leaves Nicholas' house to head to her own - Reluctant in doing so but there other things she needed to get done. The Avery person left them at two, having stitched, injected, and almost amputated Ezra. At no point did the two get a chance to talk to each other, something Arrow noticed was all Nicholas' purposeful doing. This, in turn, only piqued Arrow's curiosity more, and it would be easy for her to look up the girl without Nicholas' knowing. 

At her home, Arrow looks through the tablet Dean had given her once more, thinking of ways to get more answers. She couldn't reach Jackson Reynolds, but she could get to his brother and his fiancé with ease. Though the records show the brothers having no contact with each other, Arrow didn't truly believe it. Jackson showing up in the city where his brother lives alone was enough for her to suspect communication between them. And though she knew Clayton Reynolds would obviously be a Lycan, Arrow wondered if he would be the same as his brother - Mutated somehow. However, placing herself into the hands of Lycans who already seemed to know her was an extremely dangerous risk - One she didn't know if she wanted to take just yet. Though she wanted to get to the bottom of the matter, she knew she couldn't rush in right away.

Her uncle was nowhere to be found, having abandoned all electronic devices, leaving her no way to trace him. An active search would only create more complications for her, so for the time being, she had to leave her uncle to his own vices. Try as she might, Arrow couldn't figure out how her uncle and Ezra's father were involved in all this. Her only solid lead would be Ezra who wouldn't be talking anytime soon. 

~

Walking into the organization, Arrow finds herself being approached by her newly hired secretary. "Miss Berlin, we have a problem." She begins making Arrow sigh. 

"What could it possibly be this time?" Arrow replies.

"Keep walking with me Miss Berlin," She begins. "It seems that...out of spite, your last secretary didn't give me all of your important meetings. The Kennedys are here, and you're half an hour late to this scheduled meeting."

"The Kennedys? No, there's no way I'd do business with them, must've been something my uncle organized. Do you know what it's about?" Arrow replies. 

"Merging the two organizations."