Chapter 21

Serena's POV

Clearly I haven't been god's favourite these days. In nearly all scenarios I been push into, Koen's presence is never missing from mine. And this time we have ourselves an audience who's all cheering and sneering amongst themselves.

My body stills in disbelief as I watch him pick a lime from the container and salt on the table, while his supportive friend Kylie pours him a full shot. Koen slowly stands from his seat and strides over to my side with a hungry look on his face. A devilish look that suits him well.

His eyes lightens with ambition as he stood above me but I waste no time in lifting myself off the seat holding his shot glass in hand. I stand close to his bare chest with my head held high, staring straight into his dark eyes that preys down on me.

All the cheers and noise suddenly distance from my ears when I watch him bite off half the slice of lime, leaving it in a small quarter piece. He spits the piece to the side then tucks the small slice between my lips. The slice is already thin to begin and now short, there's no chance our lips won't touch when he takes the bite.

"Did you enjoy his kiss?" He whispers to my side before tilting my head to the side with one hand locked onto my jaw, exposing my neck.
He then pour the salt vertically down my neck and my hand tighten onto the glass I was holding onto.

He drops the salt to the table and reaches for the cup in my hand but I smile with the lime between my lips and nod towards his question. Koen's expression drops within seconds.

His hand releases my face but suddenly wrapped around my waist, pulling my body smashed against his. I watch as he slowly dips his head down to my neck but what I felt was his hot tongue slowly dragging up my neck.
My feel stomach spins in a silent circle, then the hair on my back stands building sweat to form.

But Koen doesn't stop until his tongue reaches the bottom of my jaw before I felt his lips pressing on, nibbling and sucking onto my skin. My nails start to dig into his arm though it only drives him to suck onto my neck harder.
The nerve he has to mark me... to brand me.

He then released my neck with a finally tug and tip the shot back with his eyes on my furious face. I should gorge out both his eyes and use them as bait in my next fishing trip.

With one of his hand still tightly wrapped around my waist his other hand still holding the cub presses the back of my nape, pushing me forward. Both my hands are trapped between our bodies while I try to push him away.

He slowly leans in for the lime but I quickly tuck the piece into my mouth under my tongue and smile through the sourness. However, Koen still stares at my lips smirking hungrily before smashing his lips onto mine. Kissing ... no devouring all the air from my lungs to be his.

His tongue tries to push through my sealed lips while his hand holds my head in place. Koen teeth latched onto my bottom lip and bites down hard enough for me to let loose of my clenched teeth. He victoriously takes the opportunity to claim the inside my mouth, exploring and intruding places I have never gave to anyone.

After what has felt so long, he pulls back with the piece of lime between his teeth and all the noises from the Hot spring hits back at me. I feel heat arise to my cheeks and push at Koen which releases me from his hold.
"I'm leaving now." I say out of breath and duck for my jacket on the floor before quickly leaving the area back to the house, without a single look at anyone.

I frustratedly dig for my cigarettes and lighter in my pockets once I was out of sight from everyone. I pull out a cigarette placing it between my lips then lighting the bottom quickly.
I hurriedly take a long drag hoping it would cast away the taste of his lips on mine. Those unforgivable lips, face, hands.... Everything!
I'm fucking losing my shits.
Endlessly lighting another cigarette after I finish another until I reach the house nearly calmed. I quickly climb through the window then close the curtains.

I pull open the cupboard's door harder than necessary then quickly strip from my solely dry one piece. I throw on a new pair of underwear and bra before steeping into the pants, pulling the hoodie over my head, sliding the balaclava over my hair and face, then strapping my harness rig over my chest. I pull on my socks then tightly laced my boots and lastly my gloves.

Before leaving I lock the bedroom door then double checked if my equipments are rightfully in place and that the harness straps are secured, checking in the standing mirror. I fix my balaclava until only my eyes are shown through and swung my hood over my head before jumping out the window again.

I scan all my surrounding before sprinting towards the uphill forest where Aaron and April will be. Aaron should have located where their hidden campsite is by now. 

The night is dark but thankfully tonight the full moon blesses me with its moonlight for that I could see a little better than other nights.

"Serena!" I hear Aaron call for me as I nearly approach the meeting oak tree.
There standing under the thick shadows of the tree are Aaron and April geared up as I am or maybe April went a little over.
"Where are they?" I directly demand wasting no time.

"Further North-East are three then East-North-East are the remaining ones."
Aaron says before handing us a compass and whistle each, "these will beep until you get there.... And if they scatter by chance, blow the hawk whistle twice, blow it once to signal a kill. Until then when it's 5 we return home separately."

Once we finish hooking the whistle to our shoulder straps, three of us take a different route to North East.
Running deep within the forest ground, I quickly strap my night vision googles around my head and then adjusted the focus lenses and lightings.

Now the hunt begins.

The soft beeping of the compass suddenly starts to quicken in my hand after a short 10 min run through the dry forest. I start to slowly approach forward cautiously taking gentle steps, trying to avoid the crunching of branches below but suddenly two fast whistle of the hawk reaches me.

Fuck! It was probably April who didn't kill them fast enough, leading for them to signal each other and escape.

I frustratedly tuck the compass into my pocket then pulled out my gun in my right hand. While I slowly walk forward my eyes are scooping every direction within the area and my ears on high alert. I tightly squeeze my silencer onto the muzzle until I could no longer can, assuring that it didn't come loose during the run.

As I was about to place another step down, a heavy crunch of branches and dried leaves from my far South strikes my hearing. I immediately pivot to the direction of the sound and scan around with my googles. I hold my gun straight, readying to fire and attack.