twenty-seven: so much more to learn

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter twenty-seven
SO MUCH MORE TO LEARN
Kasnia Conglomerate , 2147 ▂▂▂▂▂

❝doing this — the time travel thing, i realize now that i can't just be looking at the outcome

❝doing this — the time travel thing, i realize now that i can't just be looking at the outcome.❞

YOU KNOW THAT pounding headache that feels like it won't ever go away unless your brain explodes? Elle was currently experiencing that unpleasant pain after speaking with Heat Wave and Captain Cold, having discussed entirely different things with each separate person, but both conversations held a stubborn place in her thoughts. Everything between what Rory said about not thinking and implying that she apply that to her abilities to the different perspective Snart had given Elle on killing Per Degaton, which broadened the Anders girl's way of thinking. It all mightily gave her a throbbing heartbeat-like pain in the base of her skull.

That utter pounding only increased when a booming thunder echoed throughout the Waverider. The noise induced a groan from the teenager as she sat in one of the many seats on the bridge with her head resting back against the headboard. She, along with Jefferson, Sara, Stein, and Ray were all on the bridge, all surrounding the console at the ruckus. However, Elle stayed in her seat, praying to anyone listening that her headache would just go away.

"What was that?" Sara asked between Jax and the Professor.

"That was our Jumpship taking off," the twenty-three-year-old answered, glancing at the console.

"How could Per Degaton have escaped?" Stein inquired, jumping to conclusions on who was usurping the Jumpship.

From her spot, Elle tilted her head to the side a bit, her headache still prominent. "There's no way that was Per Degaton. Wasn't he sedated in the Medbay?" the Anders girl peered at Sara, who nodded as an answer.

"Gideon," Ray called upon the AI, "who else is on the Jumpship?"

"It's being piloted by Captain Hunter."

"Who just turned off his transponder," noted Jefferson when below on the console, the yellow blinking spot on the map pinpointing the Jumpship's current location disappeared.

"Sounds like someone doesn't want us following him," stated Sara as she rounded to the other side of Jefferson. Elle stood up and took the blond's former spot.

"Why?" inquired the Professor.

"Because Rip doesn't want us stopping him."

It was Jax who asked the question nobody else wanted to out of fear of what the answer could be. "Stopping him from doing what?"