twenty-two: hesitation or no hesitation

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter twenty-two
HESITATION OR NO HESITATION
Harmony Falls , 1958 ▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter twenty-twoHESITATION OR NO HESITATION Harmony Falls , 1958 ▂▂▂▂▂

❝you just tell me what to do — how to fix it — and i'll do it.❞

THERE WAS DROOL dangerously close to pooling on the antique wooden floor of the parlor slipping out of Elle Anders' mouth. The teenager was fast asleep in a chair — the same one Jefferson had occupied at the team's last intervention — with her elbow on the armrest, propping her head up as it fit comfortably on her balled fist. Soft snores were coming out of her mouth that her teammates would find innocent had it not been for the fact she had slept through the entirety of their meeting.

Sleep had not been an activity that the Anders girl partook in last night because she was too busy worrying and trying to devise a solution to fix the entire Parlour family. Closing her eyes and letting her body get rest had been a distant dream... ironically. It hadn't been the most imperative thing since Elle'd seen her boyfriend fritz out of existence because she interacted with his grandfather, causing him not to meet (and eventually marry and have kids with) Aiden's grandmother. But because of the fatigue racking her body and the non-stop blaring worrying that wouldn't cease in her mind that impeded her ability to focus tremendously, her attempts to find the key to solving her problem had been fruitless. She was up the entire night, yet she hadn't come out with any viable fix because of her uncollected thoughts.

All her mind could do was concoct the worst possible outcomes if she failed to fix the Parlour's timeline. If Elle couldn't, the Parlour bloodline from 1958 and on would be screwed — maybe even cease to exist; it was evident Aiden was erased because of Elle. Not to mention the impact that her actions and the consequences could have on the timeline as a whole. Everyone James, his son, and Aiden interacted with — their lives would be changed no matter how significant the encounter was. And the ripples that could cause? Elle hadn't even wanted to think about the fact that she could've fucked up the entire timeline with her simply talking to James Parlour. The whole thing had caused a terrible migraine to plague the girl's temple.

Elle had to fix this. She couldn't live with herself, knowing that she was the reason Aiden was no longer in existence. Elle couldn't allow his life to end because of her. The guilt would eat her alive till the day she died (mixed with a few other decisions and actions Elle was not proud of). The end of Aiden's tale could not be that he got erased from existence by his girlfriend. There was so much more for him to do with the rest of his life — he was only eighteen, for God's sake. Aiden Parlour's story had not come to a close, and Elle would make sure of the fact.

But unfortunately, the exhaustion in her body had put that on hold for the time being.

The Anders girl had been bordering on insanity inside her room when Snart came by to inform her of the meeting in the parlor. Because she had been cooped up in her room since Aiden's vanishing, Elle had not heard of any updates on Savage or Jefferson, and quite frankly, she didn't care. Yeah, Elle cared about Jefferson and stopping Savage, but she had bigger priorities — Aiden's reemergence was at the top of that list; nothing would surpass it.