two: so it begins

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter two
SO IT BEGINS
Central City , 2016 ▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter twoSO IT BEGINSCentral City , 2016 ▂▂▂▂▂

❝what's the big deal about it disappearing? i can do that!❞

THE FIRST THING that Elle felt when she regained consciousness was the several tiny rocks digging along her backside, little pebbles pressing against her body, surely making temporary indents. And then the second thing that Elle felt was the presence of two bodies on either side of her. She jolted up at the revelation and tried to cease the groan wanting to escape past her lips, her head moving on a swivel from left to right, realizing that she was not the only one on this... rooftop, she had come to learn. They were all on a rooftop. To Elle's left, there was a grumble of words she couldn't understand as her hand traveled to her face, fingers pinching the skin on her forehead, hoping to rid the pain throbbing inside.

"Stein?" This voice — a male voice that also came from her left — was more discernible to Elle. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I'm as ignorant as you for once." Another male voice spat back, but this time, it was directly to her left and had Elle's hand moving from her face as she squeezed her eyes shut, tilting her head to the side.

"Can you please shut up? I have a massive headache," Elle said, annoyed.

Evidently, nobody cared about the pounding ache in her head as the woman directly to Elle's right asked, "Where are we?"

"Why don't you ask the dude who knocked us out and kidnapped us?" Now, this voice sounded younger to Elle, someone more her age, and it had her turning her head to look past the three people beside her to see a younger man, no older than twenty, maybe, at the end. "British dude with a flashy thing. Ring any bells?"

"The name's Rip Hunter," the British man in question announced further down on the roof, his hands on his hips as he walked toward the newly conscious group, all slowly coming to stand upright. "I'm from East London. Oh, and the future."

"Nice to meet you, Rip," a gruff voice greeted, not very nicely, Elle would say, and he reached for the nonnormal-looking gun on his hip. When looking at the man and the other next to him, Elle realized who they were. She had seen newspaper articles about Captain Cold and Heat Wave — they each owned guns corresponding with their aliases, but it never really interested Elle, though.

"Uh, while you were incapacitated, I may have tampered with your weapons. I've assembled you all because I need your help." The British man, Rip Hunter, as he claimed to be, continued to walk down the line of people he had kidnapped. "The future of the world is in peril because of a man by the name of Vandal Savage."

He stopped at the end of the line of people, and after a moment, the man in brown and gold armor resembling a bird costume, matching with the woman by his side, distraughtly said, "That can't be. We destroyed him."