seven: not a big deal

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter seven
NOT A BIG DEAL
Ivey Town , 1975 ▂▂▂▂▂

❝to sum up, carter hall is dead, the girlfriend's not too far behind, and vandal savage is sitting pretty in 1975, which we're all now stuck in

❝to sum up, carter hall is dead, the girlfriend's not too far behind, and vandal savage is sitting pretty in 1975, which we're all now stuck in.❞

DEAR MOM AND Dad,

This is my second full morning on the Waverider. If I'm being completely honest, we're kinda at a low point already. One of us has already died at the hands of Savage, and another's not too far behind. She's okay for now, but I am kind of worried about her. She is our only hope in truly ending Savage. (Wow, that sounds more harsh than I meant.)

Anyway, yesterday, I actually saved one of my team members. Of course, it had to be the most insufferable one. Leonard Snart. Well, maybe he's not that insufferable, but don't tell him I said that. It felt pretty good. Like what I did actually mattered. And he thanked me, which was just an added bonus.

But, um, so far, this adventure has been crazy. Like really crazy. I mean, I share a bathroom with two criminals, a billionaire, an assassin, a future British man, and two halves of a nuclear man. That alone should just tell you how crazy it is. But besides the, you know, Carter dying, it hasn't been so bad, I guess. The food fabricator helps a lot. It makes food that I have never even imagined having because of...

Elle stopped her hand, which held the pencil that had been scrawling across the paper, pondering thoroughly what her following few words would be. Her feet twisted her from side to side on the rolling chair she sat in, bringing the tip of the eraser to her mouth and beginning to chew on it lightly. The once-blank sheet of paper in front of her started to weigh like a thousand pounds on her shoulders. After letting out a breath, she brought the led tip of the wooden writing utensil back to the paper, continuing to write.

Anyway, that's my life right now. Nothing's happened yet this morning, but I'm sure that'll change. I hope you both are doing good... wherever you are.

Love, your daughter.
Elle.

"What are you doing?"

The Anders girl simultaneously tossed her pencil in the air and jumped at the sound of Jefferson's voice coming from her room's entryway, which she hadn't registered was open until this very moment. She had completely forgotten to close it after returning from the galley, having eaten some incredibly delicious pancakes with milk chocolate chips.

As quickly as possible, Elle flipped the piece of paper, swiping a random book on top of it for good measure before she looked back up at the twenty-year-old. It was apparent she was trying to play it cool as if she hadn't just done all those hasty movements, but even if Jefferson were blind, he would see the panic and anxiety written across Elle's face.