twenty-six: eavesdrop central

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter twenty-six
EAVESDROP CENTRAL
Kasnian Conglomerate , 2147 ▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter twenty-sixEAVESDROP CENTRAL Kasnian Conglomerate , 2147 ▂▂▂▂▂

❝i don't want to kill this kid, just like how you didn't want the professor to die. but this is different.❞

SOMETHING HAD EVIDENTLY gotten Rip's panties in a bunch, seeing as he had just very frantically ordered everyone to congregate to the bridge that instant through the overhead comm of the Waverider. But did that mean Elle was going to rush to the bridge?

Hell no.

She took her time as she got up from laying on her bed, which she wished she could go back to and nap, a part of her debating on ignoring the captain's demand for everyone to head to the bridge. For however long she had been in there, she was fooling with the racket ball she had just been able to steal yesterday (Snart had been hiding it in a new place in his room just to get a rouse out of Elle), and she was also reliving her thriving performance in Kasnia.

It was still incredible to Elle that she could do what she did. Slowly but surely, her powers were growing, and she was getting the hang of them. Progress — it was part of her progress to become a more valuable asset to this team, which she really wanted to be. Her powers weren't offensive, but they could do well defensively once she had a full and complete grasp on them.

The door to her room hissed open while simultaneously, she stepped into the corridor and mindlessly tossed the blue racket ball in her hand up in the air. It never made it back down, though, because it was snatched in the air by Leonard Snart as he smoothly walked past the teenager.

Before she realized what had happened, the criminal was four steps down the hallway, and Elle's head snapped to the moving criminal. "Hey!"

She jogged until she was side by side with Snart, trying to take the racket ball back, but the criminal defeated her as he held it high in the sky with a straightened arm as she attempted to jump and reach it. Alas, she was too short.

Once Elle finally came to the conclusion that she was not getting the racket ball back at this moment, she stopped her futile efforts and grumbled. "You're so annoying," she said to Snart.

"When did you even have time to steal this back?" The man asked, bringing the ball down to eye level.

Seeing a peek opportunity to irritate the man, Elle mocked in a deep voice, "There's always time to steal."

"Now, who's the annoying one?" Snart threw back, which only earned him an angsty eye roll. "And I don't sound like that."

They proceeded to walk in silence for no more than a few seconds before Elle decided to speak up. Her tone was more serene, contrasting the playfulness it held just moments ago.