fifteen: the superhero world

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter fifteen
THE SUPERHERO WORLD
Star City , 2046 ▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter fifteen THE SUPERHERO WORLDStar City , 2046 ▂▂▂▂▂

❝don't let them drag you into too much trouble.❞

THE TWO YOUNGSTERS of the team walked side by side down the hallways of the Waverider on their way to check on Stein, who was working in the parlor. They made idle chit-chat until Elle brought up the fact that she now knew Oliver Queen was the Arrow and, therefore, she should get to know who the Flash was. (It made perfect sense in Elle's head.)

"Jax, come on. Please," begged Elle for what had to be the hundredth time in the past two minutes. "You should just like tell me who the Flash is."

"Why should I do that?" Jefferson mused, highly entertained that Elle was so hell-bent on discovering who the scarlet speedster was.

"Because—" Elle drawled as if what she was about to say was the most obvious thing she had ever uttered "—then I will stop bugging you about it!"

Giving Elle a deadpan look because he didn't believe that the eighteen-year-old would ever stop bothering him now that they had become friends, Jefferson said, "Elle, even if I wanted to, it's not my secret to tell."

"But you know I won't say anything! I just want to know. I'm a part of this superhero world now. I know the Arrow is Oliver Queen, so I should know who the Flash is."

"I'll tell you what, if we ever run into a future Flash, I'll tell you who he is," Jefferson practically teased Elle because the chances of that happening were slim, which was why Jefferson had suggested it in the first place.

And Elle knew that; her mouth dropped in faux offensiveness because she did understand why Jefferson couldn't tell her, but that didn't mean her curiosity wouldn't egg her to ask about it every chance she got. With laughs escaping his mouth, Jax took off ahead of Elle so she couldn't protest against his words, and the Anders girl chased after him, chuckles escaping her own lips.

They ran through the hallways, laughing like the kids they really were until they reached the bridge, Jefferson stopping when he ran through the doors. A bright smile was still on his face as he turned back to Elle to see her irritated expression. She tried to suppress the smile yearning to be on her lips but was unsuccessful, the grin finally finding its way onto her face.

Jefferson's laugh faded away after a moment, an anxious look now on his face, but just as quickly as Elle had noticed it, the expression disappeared. Both shook it off before walking to the parlor where Stein worked on a piece of the Waverider's machinery.