twelve: right and wrong

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter twelve
RIGHT AND WRONG
The Soviet Union , 1986 ▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter twelve RIGHT AND WRONG The Soviet Union , 1986 ▂▂▂▂▂

❝because this is my job, not yours.❞

WHEN THE NEXT morning came around, Elle wasn't any less concerned than she had been the previous day about their teammates inside a Russian gulag. It felt odd to Elle like she was doing something wrong — sleeping in her warm and soft bed, grabbing a granola bar for breakfast, knowing that Ray, Rory, and Stein were having a less-than-stellar experience in the cold, unforgiving land that was Soviet Russia. She felt almost guilty about the fact that she was still able to have these things, and three of her teammates didn't.

That's why, as soon as she got the first chance, the Anders girl walked to the bridge prepared to get the three men back. She beat everyone there except for Rip, who insisted they wait for Snart and Sara to come, and when they finally did, they could get started.

The console that the four surrounded displayed a picture of where Ray, Stein, and Rory were being held — it looked miserable just by the black and white image shown. Everyone was listening to Gideon as the AI gave the rundown on the institution.

"Labor Camp Number fifty-four — formerly known as the Koshmar or 'Nightmare' gulag. Built in the eighteenth century—"

"Can we skip past the Wikipedia crap and get to the good stuff, like how to break in?" Snart perturbedly cut off Gideon.

From where she was leaning against the console, her forearms resting on the advanced table, Elle and everyone turned their gazes towards the ceiling when there was no response to Snart's inquiry from Gideon.

"Perhaps you didn't register that as a question, Gideon," Sara suggested to the left of the Anders girl.

"I understood, but in its two hundred years of operation, no one has successfully escaped from—"

Once again, the computer was interrupted by Snart. "No offense, Gideon, but I never met a building I couldn't break into."

"Someone's ego is inflated this morning," hummed Elle, sending a snarky look the criminal's way.

"Well, I hope you're right, Mr. Snart," Rip said, veering the conversation's focus back. "Savage knows that Stein created Firestorm, but if he finds out that he is Firestorm—"

"Always Savage with you, isn't it?" Snart coyly spoke to Rip. "My partner's in prison, too."

"And Ray," Elle and Sara reminded simultaneously.