seventeen: let's go space traveling

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter seventeen
LET'S GO SPACE TRAVELING
The Temporal Zone ▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter seventeen LET'S GO SPACE TRAVELINGThe Temporal Zone ▂▂▂▂▂

❝space ranger stein? yeah, i don't see it.❞

"SYSTEM MALFUNCTION. I'M stranded, unable to jump. Controls unresponsive. This is Captain Eve Baxter of the timeship Acheron, requesting critical rescue."

The spotty video feed of the woman's message ended, the recording disappearing from the screen on the console, which the team, minus Elle, stood around. Rip had called a meeting when Gideon intercepted this message — it wasn't intended for them, per se, but Rip seemed adamant that they should find this woman and her ship.

"We care about this chick, why?" Rory questioned through a grumble, speaking aloud what everyone else was thinking.

"We don't, but the Acheron's computer will contain the current intel on Savage's whereabouts," informed Rip, spinning in his spot at the head of the console to face the team, noticing the lack of one particular eighteen-year-old. "Does anyone know where Ms. Anders is?"

In his spot between Stein and Snart, Jefferson scoffed, "Yeah, I know." Rip looked at the man, nonverbally instructing him to go on, which he did, pointing to Stein. "Ever since you gave her that device, she's been talking to Aiden nonstop for the last three days."

Everyone knew that the Professor had given Elle something to communicate through time, and no one was particularly angry at the fact, giving the teenager the benefit of the doubt that she needed to talk to someone closer to her age. Jefferson was on the ship and was friends with Elle, but it wasn't the same as talking to Aiden. They all knew that because any time Elle had left her room the last seventy-two hours, she was on call with Aiden, during breakfast, waiting in line for the bathroom — she was always talking with him. It was true the team wasn't irritated about Elle being the only one who could talk to someone in 2016, but they were irritated when she acted as though none of them existed while talking on the device. 

"I only had her best interest in mind," Stein defended honestly.

"Yeah, at all our expenses," Ray mumbled, though really he wasn't that aggravated with the teenager; he couldn't be after their talk in the engine room. "This morning, she poured milk on my toast instead of her bowl of cereal because she was too distracted talking to him."

"And the only time I've seen her is when she's walking around with her head down on the phone," Snart added as he shifted in his spot, leaning against the seat he stood by.

"Technically, it's not a phone," Stein corrected, looking at the criminal. "It's a trans-temporal communicator."

"Whatever it is, it's getting annoying," grumbled Rory.