eight: cumulations of realizations

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter eight
CUMULATIONS OF REALIZATIONS
Central City , 1975 ▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter eight CUMULATIONS OF REALIZATIONSCentral City , 1975 ▂▂▂▂▂

❝we're a team! next time, remember that.❞

FOR THE FIRST time since Elle had been acquainted with the mastermind criminal, one of Snart's plans actually worked. The group of four got to the bank in the Jumpship; Snart and Rory went inside, got the emerald, and were back in no time with no bumps in the road. The two men took maybe twenty minutes to steal it and return. Much of that time in the Jumpship was spent by the two younger people playing I Spy (the answer was almost always the city lights.)

When the Jumpship door opened, Elle took her legs off the front console where they had been resting, turning her body in one of the side seats to see the two criminals joyously enter.

"That's what I call a clean heist," boasted Rory as Jefferson swiveled around in the driver's seat.

"And thanks for not setting the museum on fire, partner," applauded Snart to his now sitting companion, staying stationed at the entrance as the door closed behind him and then looked to Jefferson. "And you, thanks for being our getaway driver."

"Hey, what about me?" Elle questioned in faux offensiveness.

Snart tilted his head in the direction of her. "You didn't do anything."

The Anders girl rolled her eyes as Jefferson proclaimed. "Alright, let's get the hell back to the ship."

"Oh, one more stop." Snart held up his gloved pointer finger.

All expressions turned into questioning at the man's proclamation, and Rory wondered, "What're you talking about, boss?"

Without looking Rory's way, keeping his gaze on Jax, Snart said, "Sixteen twenty-nine Hadley Avenue."

"What's on Hadley Avenue?" Jefferson queried.

"It's where he grew up," revealed Mick from beside Elle, the girl's gaze darting from the arsonist to Snart, pondering what the latter had planned. "That's why you wanted to steal the Maximilian Emerald."

"Mick, enough," barked Snart.

"You wanted to give it to your old man so he wouldn't go to jail trying to steal it for himself."

"Your father was a thief, too?" Assumed Jax.

"Shocking," Elle muttered with raised brows.