one: invisible as she

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter one
INVISIBLE AS SHE
Central City , 2016 ▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂ act one , chapter oneINVISIBLE AS SHECentral City , 2016 ▂▂▂▂▂

❝ms. anders, it's quite lovely to meet you. i can pay for the milk if you'd like.❞

WHAT DID IT mean to be invisible? If you were to search what it meant via Google, invisible was 'unable to be seen; not visible to the eye,' basically implying that if something was invisible, it could not be seen — if you didn't know any better, you would think that no matter of any kind was there. Think about it. If there were something beside you that you couldn't see, you would ignore it; this hypothetical thing was nonexistent to you, so you would never pay any attention to it.

But what about a person? Could a human being become invisible, what Google called being 'unable to be seen.' Every day, there are people who go about their lives claiming that they're invisible amongst the vast majority of the people that make up our planet. Children would claim they were invisible when other kids wouldn't play with them — ignore them. Adults claimed invisibility when they weren't recognized at work for some mediocre achievement they had made. All around, people insisted they were invisible, but nobody actually was invisible, were they? Nobody on Earth could say they could disappear out of sight without a trace.

That was until this little thing called the particle accelerator exploded in Central City in 2014.

For two years, people with these extraordinary abilities began popping up all around the city, displaying their capabilities, whether it be for good or evil. The Flash was arguably the most notable of these enhanced individuals, saving the city multiple times. It was from this particle accelerator that these meta-humans, as they were called, could do what they did, and while it was amazing to some, it did cause dangers.

Elle Anders was a victim of the explosion from S.T.A.R. Labs back in 2014, along with several hundreds of others, and from the dark matter flowing through her veins, she gained the ability to vanish into thin air. Unlike people before who had argued that they were invisible in their superb everyday lives, Elle actually was invisible. With just one singular thought, she could hide from her surroundings. Once obtaining this ability, Elle struggled to maintain her somewhat normal life while balancing her invisibility for two years. So far, Elle would like to say she has it under control — there were only a couple of mishaps every few months compared to the dozens of mishaps every day when this oddity first occurred. In the beginning, Elle hated her powers, but after a tiresome process, she gained control of her abilities and learned what benefits they brought to her complicated life.

Being able to do what she could reminded Elle of her life. She was indeed one of the people that claimed they were invisible in this world, but she felt she had good reason to do so. Her life was nothing short of difficult from the moment she was born. At birth, her parents had treated her as invisible, simply leaving her in the hospital so she could be someone else's problem, and from then on, it only got worse. Through foster home after foster home, Elle felt like her worth — her importance — was equal to that of a grain of sand in a never-ending desert. The people who took her in didn't see her as a person; they barely saw her at all, thus why she considered herself invisible.