And she yet again slammed her door. A reminder that she is still not okay with him. He remembered how he used to do it in the initial days after their mother's demise. Karma really is a bitch!

Her behaviour continued for a long time. Her ignoring him. Not eating the food he made. Slamming doors behind her. Not talking to him. Throwing taunts at him. Hurting him with her words.

Deepak took it all knowing he deserved it real well. He'd hurt her for 9 long years. He'd deserve it even if she continued this throughout their lives.

Almost a month and a half later, Deepak saw progress when Deepika sat with him on the breakfast table. He quickly scurried off to get her food and coffee.

She calmly took a sip of her coffee only to spit it out and yell at him.

“What the hell is this? Are you trying to kill me? Waise hi bol do. Why are you feeding me poison?”

Banging the cup on the table she stormed out of the house, straight into the arms of a waiting Chirag. She drew her strength from him. He silently supported her. It was her fight. And he could only support her.

Deepak on the other hand, sat shook on the breakfast table. His appetite lost. Tears welled in his eyes and he didn't bother stopping them. Placing his head on the table he cried.

Why did it feel like he wasn't making up to her but losing her even more.

A few more months went by like that. No improvement. Although Deepika felt her restraint breaking. His sad face, puffy eyes and tired form concerned her.

He may have forgotten her existence but she had always loved him. But she was enjoying all the attention she was getting from him. The attention she had craved since a long time.

Deepak saw his sister sitting on the living room couch working on her laptop and sat beside her, waiting for her to retaliate.

He frowned when she didn't react and saw her engrossed in something. She was reading something with great concentration. He peeked in and saw her going through some bill.

Monthly electricity bill. He realised and frowned. Why was she sitting with it? When she clicked on the pay option, his eyes widened.

“What are you doing?”

She looked at him with a scowl.

“Dancing! Dikhna band ho gaya kya?”

“Why are you paying the bill?”

“Who else is supposed to?”

She asked so casually while filling in her details that he felt irritated and snatched the laptop from her.

“What is wrong with you?”

She asked with irritation.

“What is wrong with you? Why are you paying it?”

He countered and she took a deep breath.

“Because that's what I have been doing since two years now.”

Her reply shocked him.

“Two years? Since dad left? I thought he was the one paying it since always. Why didn't you tell me?”

“Were you ever there? Did you ever bother knowing it? Ghar mai kya ho rha hai kuch pata bhi hai aapko?”

He shut his mouth having no answers for it. She tried to take the laptop but he held it firmly.

“I'll pay from now on. Jo bhi bills aate hai. I'll pay.”

“And where are you planning on getting the money from?”

He frowned. What did she mean by that?

“I earn Deepu. Where else will I get the money from. I work in a corporate firm as the Head of Product Department.”

She looked shocked and that hit him somewhere. She didn't know this. She thought he was jobless. Did this mean, all this while she had been paying for all the expenses of the house.

“Wow! This is what we've become. I don't even know the most obvious things about you. I don't know isse jyada bura kya ho skta hai. Do whatever you want. Just don't bother me.”

Taking deep breaths to stop his tears he paid the bill. He checked all the other bills and paid them as well. He feeded the reminders in his phone to do the same every month.

He wasn't good in grocery shopping. So he'd let her do that. But he could share the other needs of the household.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️