5.2

The snack time was usual. With the men talking about every topic they could get their minds on and the ladies gossiping about, well, whatever entertained them.

Sapna and Tamanna were giggling and whispering to each other. Sapna suddenly looked at Aman and then at Tamanna. A mischievous expression formed on her face and she whispered to Tamanna.

“Terrace pr chalte hai na. I'm getting bored here.”

Tamanna nodded and the two got up. She then smiled naughtily and called out Aman.

“Bhai! Aap bhi chalo hamare saath.”

Aman looked at her in surprise. Tamanna’s eyes widened and she secretly pinched Sapna.

“Mai kya karunga tum ladkiyon ke beech mai?”

Sapna rolled her eyes. Why was her brother so clueless and a villain in his own story?

“Toh yaha oldies ke beech mai kya kr rhe ho? Chalo na!”

He eyes Tamanna who was looking away. She might not want him to join. He declined politely and Sapna sighed.

“Tamanna! Tu hi bol ab inhe. He doesn't listen to me.”

Tamanna was in a fix. How should she ask him? She bit her lip and pleaded to Sapna but the girl was adamant. She took a deep breath and turned to his side. Her gaze went till his chest, not daring to move to his face even and she spoke.

“Ab bhi chaliye. Umm-I mean-umm-agar aapka mann hai toh.”

She didn't even complete her sentence and he got up dusting his pants. She had invited him and there was no damn way he was denying it.

Sapna looked at him wiggling her eyebrows and he glared at her asking her to shut up. She chuckled and followed Tamanna to the terrace.

Aman took in the entire place. It's been so long since he has been to their terrace and it has changed drastically.

Half of it was covered with a shed while the other half was converted into a mini garden. All sorts of flowers and even vegetable plantations. It was beautifully maintained.

The shed covered area had artificial grass laid all over. He noticed a shoe rack kept nearby and realized that they didn't take footwears on the grass.

He removed his shoes and put them neatly on the shoe rack and followed the girls inside. Tamanna mentally smiled at his observance.

“This feels so good! Kitne time baad yaha aayi hu mai. You've transformed this place babe!”

Tamanna smiled and showed her everything. Aman smiled at the enthusiasm with which she told her about the flowers and other plants. The twinkle in her eyes, the carefree and relax posture she had right now, he wished he could see that with him.

They settled on the grass. Tamanna had her knees to her chest and her arms around her legs, her face resting on her knees. Sapna was sitting in the same way. Aman had his one knee to his chest while the other leg was sprawled out. Sapna sat between Aman and Tamanna.

Sapna started coughing out of nowhere and got up.

“I'll get water for myself. Mai aati hu abhi.”

And before they could comprehend what was happening, she had disappeared downstairs.

Tamanna sat up straighter and Aman too sat upright. The silence was so thick that they could hear the sound of crickets as if it were beside them.

Tamanna cursed Sapna in mind. Why did she have to leave them in such an awkward situation? Aman felt like killing his sister. He knew why she did that.

Tamanna sighed in relief when Sapna returned. Aman glared at her and she gave her an innocent smile back. She quietly sat back in her position and scrutinized the two.

She passed the water bottle to Aman asking him if he wanted some and he took it from her with a glare.

Aman uncapped the bottle and took a gulp only to choke on it when Sapna opened her mouth next.

“Waise do you guys know neeche aap dono ki shaadi ki baat ho rhi hai?”

Aman spit the water and choked on some, Tamanna looked at her wide eyed and a loud gasp escaped her lips. Sapna rubbed his back and he calmed down a little.

“What?”

He asked casting a quick glance at Tamanna to gauge her expression. She was still looking at Sapna wide eyed. Poor girl was too shocked.

Only if he knew she wasn't shocked because of the news but because Sapna mentioned it in front of him.

Sapna nodded and shrugged.

“Haan! Just abhi sun kr aayi mai. Our parents are discussing your potential marriage. To each other. I won't mind you being my bhabhi Tamanna. Kitna fun aayega na. We won't have to plan meetings. Saath hi rahenge dono.”

She was so cool about it as if she'd not given a shock to Aman. Marriage? With her? Hell yes! But did she want it too?

“Waise unhone mujhe aapko yahi batane ke liye bheja hai wapas. Ki aap aapas mai baat kr lo and decide if you guys want to go ahead with it. Waise toh hume pata hai ki dono hi mare jaa rhe ho but still-”

“Sapna bas! Hum baat kr lenge. You can leave.”

Aman cut her off with a tight smile and she grinned naughtily. He groaned and palmed his face.

“Ohho! Abhi se alone time bhai. Not bad! Not bad at all.”

He raised his hand in a mock punch and she ran away giggling leaving the two shocked souls alone.

Aman looked towards Tamanna who was still in a state of shock. Their eyes met briefly before she looked away and let her hair cover her face.

Tamanna cursed Sapna in her mind. Why did she have to put them in such an awkward situation? How was she supposed to show him her face when she was sure her face was completely red because of how warm her cheeks felt.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️