7.2.5

“You cannot do this every time! You cannot distract me with your touch and kisses. Aapko realise bhi ho raha hai humne aaj tak saath mai actual time spend nhi kia. Jab bhi akele hote hai, or when I try to initiate any conversation to get to know you better, you start kissing me. We've never had a normal conversation Bhavesh. I don't know anything about you. Do you only want my body?”

He felt like someone had stabbed him. Did she really feel that he only wanted to sleep with her?

“Do you really feel that?”

He asked in a broken whisper. Her words cut him deep. When she looked away, he clenched his jaw feeling like he had failed to be a good husband. Or maybe a husband at all.

“I-I-I felt like my actions were enough-enough to convey what I felt. But I was wrong.”

He held her hands and pulled her in front of him.

“If my wife needs assurance and words. She gets that.”

He cupped her face and looked into her eyes.

“I will not say I am not physically attracted to you. I am Payal. But that's not it. My feelings for you run much deeper than just that.”

He saw her eyes get focused on his. She was trying to see sincerity in his eyes. And he knew she would find it. Because he was speaking nothing but the truth. He smiled and continued.

“I am in love with you Payal. And I think I have been in love with you since I saw you sitting on this very bed, dolled up as a new bride, the first night of our marriage. You looked so timid, shy and a little nervous about the impending night. But at the same time, you were so beautiful, serene and ethereal. I had no words to describe how I felt at the moment looking at you.”

He caressed her cheeks wiping the tears that fell free from her eyes.

“Protectiveness. Possessiveness. Love. Attraction. Home. All of these feelings came together. Lekin inn sabke beech ek feeling thi jo inn sabko sum up kr deti.”

She looked at him curiously and he smiled, flicking her nose with his.

“Sukoon! Waha dulhan ke jode mai baithi hui tum sukoon thi Payal. Kaam krke thak kr ghar aata hu iss khayal ke saath ki mera sukoon mera intezaar kr rha hai. A tight hug from you, one good sleep in your arms and everything is peaceful again.”

“And then you say you're not good with words.”

She sniffed leaning into him and he sighed in relief. Kissing her forehead and pulling her in his arms he whispered.

“I really am not. Trust me. Agar hota toh aaj ye naubat na aati. I would have wooed you much earlier.”

After a brief pause, he heard her.

“You don't have to woo me Bhavesh. I was already wooed and flattered jab aapne papa ko bina bataye shaadi ke venue ki half payment kr di thi aur dealer ko bola tha unhe half hi batane jisse unka grand wedding ka dream bhi pura ho jaaye aur wo sharminda bhi feel na kare help maangne mai.”

He looked at her shocked. She knew this?

“Yes. I know about it. Jis din papa ghar aaye the venue final karke aur unke according half payment krke mujhe doubt tabhi ho gaya tha. Kyunki uss venue kr ads dekhe the maine. And wo dealer koi hamara rishtedaar nhi lag rha tha jo itna discount deta. I had my doubts.”

“So you assumed it was me?”

He asked not wanting to blow his cover. Maybe she only doubted.

“At first. But then shaadi ke baad almirah mai half payment ki receipts dekhne ke baad confirm ho gaya.”

He closed his eyes in defeat.

“And this impressed you?”

“My father has worked all his life for me. Pehle meri padhai pr and then saving everything for my marriage. He wanted his only child's marriage to be grand. Lekin kahi na kahi he knew he couldn't afford that. He had seen me like those venue reels. And wo meri wajah se gye the. So getting the venue at half price was a big deal for him. And you made it possible without making him embarrassed about it. He did it with pride. Kyunki aapne jataya nhi. Jo ki aaj ke time mai bhut rare hai Bhavesh. And yes that impressed me a lot.”

She confessed. He could relate to it. It was a situation with every middle class family who wanted to marry off their child.

“I didn't do him any favour, Payal. Agar unki beti ki shaadi thi toh meri bhi toh thi na. Agar humne thoda sa pitch in kar dia toh isme koi badi baat toh nhi hai jo mai jatane lag jaau.”

That earned him a well deserved kiss. He looked surprised at first but then pulled her closer and deepened the kiss. Remembering her words from earlier, he pulled back.

“I am sorry, I just-can’t control myself with you.”

She frowned at his words but then realised what he meant and cupped his face.

“I am sorry. I shouldn't have said all that. I was just…too emotional. Jo mann mai aaya bol dia. I didn't mean that. I-I love you Bhavesh. I really do.”

She expected him to control himself from touching her when she said things like this at such unexpected moments? Hell no!

“Glad you don't mean that. Because no way in hell I am not kissing you.”

She giggled when he pulled her on his lap and moaned when he clutched her hair kissing her passionately.

“Our date this evening is still on, yeah? I am going to take you out like civilized husbands do. And sweep you off your feet with my charm.”

She bit her lip and leaned in to kiss him again, making him smile.

Things were well, again. His world was well again.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️