4.6

"What is your body count?"

He looked at her confused at her sudden curiosity but nonetheless thought about it. He hummed and went into deep thoughts making her smile fall.

She looked away mumbling profanities and he finally answered.

"4! I have good patience, you know."

He shrugged and went back to his work. She rolled her eyes but then his words hit her. Good patience?

"What does this have to do with patience?"

"Patience nhi hoti toh number jyada hota na Rose."

He said as if it was the most obvious thing.

"Hain!?"

She was confused. What was this nonsensical talk?

"Wait! What do you mean by body count?"

He asked. Maybe they were talking about two different things. And her answer confirmed so. She gave him a stink eye and said.

"People you've slept with."

"Oh! In that case it's 0!"

He said and went back to work. It took her a minute to realize.

"Why did you say 4 earlier then?"

She asked a little afraid of the answer but his silence and not being able to look into her eyes was enough answer for her.

"You've -you've actually killed people?"

She asked in a slow whisper and his fists clenched at her scared tone. She didn't have to be scared of him. He never hurt innocent people. Especially her. Those monsters deserved it. Every second of the torture he made them go through.

"Come here!"

He called and she gulped at his sudden change of tone. He sounded angry. What she didn't know was he wasn't angry on her but on those monsters.

She slowly walked near him. He held her hand when she was close and pulled her on his lap caging her in his arms. She gasped but didn't protest.

He tucked her hair behind her ear and took a deep breath. Looking straight into her eyes he spoke each word with such disgust and anger that shook her to the core.

"What would you do to someone who rapes his own daughter. She was 12. Or to someone who beat his wife so brutally that she went fucking blind in one eye, had broken ribs and arm and for what? Because he was drunk. Or a woman who sold her own two year old daughter into a brothel for some money because she was fucking addicted to gambling. Or someone who tried to burn his wife alive because she wasn't bringing him enough dowry. So yes! I killed Rose. I don't regret it even 1% and if given a chance I'd bring them back on Earth only to kill them again. More brutally this time."

Pihu was shocked and disgusted to hear people could do such things. She had never felt such rage in her to murder someone. He was right. Given a chance eve she'd kill them.

"Where are those girls and women now?"

"They are being taken care of."

His answer was short. She looked at him and felt sorry for judging him so quickly and a rush of pride.

She cupped his face and smiled at him, making him relax. She wasn't scared anymore. But what she did next took his breath away. Both literally and figuratively.

Cupping his face she pulled him in and placed her lips on his. He looked at her wide eyed. She had her eyes closed while he looked at her in shock, surprise and hundreds of other emotions.