7.4.1

4) It has been a few years since their marriage.

They are still childless.

She is being taunted because of it. But she bore all that because he was with her.

What will happen when he too started to mistreat her because of the reason?
**************************************
Dhara woke up to her alarm and stretched herself. Her gaze fell on the person who was sleeping beside her. His very naked chest on display as he slept off without any care in the world.

She smiled and pecked his cheek and got out of bed to get ready for the day.

She and Kabir had got married 5 years back. They have had a love marriage. Kabir was her senior at work and that's how they'd met.

Theirs wasn't a typical love at first sight romance. Infact, Dhara had disliked Kabir a lot in the beginning because he was too harsh and authoritative when it came to her. Only her. It felt like he had some personal vendetta against her.

It was one day during work, when she'd finally blasted off in on him, tired of his nonsense that he admitted to beinf attracted to her, which was also the cause of his unusual behaviour because he didn't know how to control his feelings towards her.

It was this confession of his followed by a much needed deep and passionate kiss that swept her off her feet, because oh boy! What a kiss it was!

He'd kissed her such that for long minutes after the kiss she'd forgotten who she was, where she came from, what she was doing at that place. She forgot how to use her legs to stand, she forgot how to form words or sane thoughts. The only thing she remembered was the man holding her in his arms, the way he kissed her and his name.

And when she'd whimper moaned his name because that's all she could remember, he'd lost control once again and kissed her hungrily. Safe to say he was addicted after that.

Convincing their families had been tough. Two reasons. One, Dhara belonged to a middle class family while Kabir came from a well reputed, known and wealthy family. And two, while Dhara was a pure Jain girl who didn't even eat eggs in her food, Kabir was a typical Punjabi munda who ate chicken atleast once each day.

This was the reason her parents were reluctant to send her to such a family and his parents were unwilling to accept a girl who couldn't cook or eat non-veg.

But, fate was on their side and they did get married. Although the initial months his mother had tried to intimidate her a lot. By taunting and jibing her about being a pure vegetarian. This went on for a few months only because after that she realised how madly in love his son was with Dhara and how made she made him.

All through the period where his mother had been a typical mother-in-law to her, she had two support systems through which she bore it all.

One was Kabir and the other was his younger brother, Karan. Dhara remembered how when their families had finally agreed to their alliance, Karan had told her he'd always wanted to have a younger sister. Karan was the youngest at home and was very loved and pampered, although he wass just two years younger than Kabir, which made him an year elder to Dhara.

And being the youngest and the most pampered he'd always wanted to have someone whom he could pamper like that. And since then she'd formed a great sisterly bond with him. True to his words, he pampered and spoiled her a lot. Whenever Kabir denied her anything, which itself was very rare, she would go to Karan and made a sweet pouty face and he would melt agreeing to her, which sometimes irritated Kabir but he adored their relationship.

Dhara got ready and went out to the kitchen after waking Kabir up for work, which involved a lot of tickles and a small makeout session.

Dhara was laid off from work two years back during Corona virus outbreak was at peak. And since she couldn't go back to work, she'd thought that it was the right time to think about starting a family as it has already been 3 years since their marriage then.

But that thought was 2 years back and till date she was unsuccessful in conceiving. She wasn't unaware of the subtle taunts about being childless that were being thrown at her by her in-law’s side of relations.

Even her own mother-in-law had sometimes explicitly asked her about any good news or when she was giving one. Dhara had always felt tongue tied. What would she say? That they were trying since 2 years but there has been no results till now.

Maybe she should try talking to Kabir and get both of their bodies checked up. It could be her, but it could also be him, right? Not that she'd blame him or something but just to know if everything was alright. Because 2 years was a long time to keep trying without any success. And safe to say, their sex life was also very, very active.

Shaking off the thoughts she entered the kitchen and started preparing breakfast. Hee mother-in-law joined her after some time. Dhara greeted her to which she gave a curt nod back.

“Kabir se keh dena aaj ghar jaldi aa jaaye shaam ko.”

She said making Dhara frown.

“Ji! Umm-kuch kaam tha kya?”

Her mother-in-law hummed and answered.

“Aarti ke beta bahu ko ladka hua hai. Wo chhota beta jiski ek saal pehle shaadi hui thi. Usko! Uska baby welcoming party hai.”

Dhara clearly heard the taunt in her words and tone. She nodded not knowing what to answer and went to her room to see Kabir getting ready for office.

He smiled seeing her and she forgot about her mother-in-law's taunt. She hugged him and rested her cheek against his chest making him kiss her head.

“Mummyji keh rhi thi ki aaj jaldi aa jaana. Shaam ko ek party mai jaana hai.”

“Kaisi party?”

“Wo Aarti buaji ke chhote bete ko beta hua hai na. Uski welcome party.”

She saw how his smile vanished and his fearures hardened.

“Anant? Uski abhi ek saal pehle hi shaadi nhi hui thi?”

Dhara nodded and saw his eyes went harsh before going blank. He nodded saying he'd join them at the party directly and left for work.
**************************************
Please do leave your comments.

Also, please vote for the story.😊🙏🏻

Laters!!😘❤️